Phone while on Wifi not receiving Skype messages, Snapchats, emails, etc

tangomango

Reaction score
I'm connected to the Wifi but I am not receiving emails, snapchats, skype messages while I'm on the house Wifi. The second I turn off wifi or connect to 4G, I get ALL the messages/etc from the the last several hours.

LG G3
Android 5.0.1
Verizon 4g LTE

leeshor

Gold Member
Reaction score
Very strange. Can you surf with a browser? You may just not have a good WiFi connection. Check my signature for some tips

joshgimer

Reaction score
I have been having the same issue on my g3. At the moment I'm now getting my notifications. All I did was hold volume down and power when I turned my phone on and choose to clear the cache. I can say for sure this will fix it for you but it did for me. Best of luck, hope it helps.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OP
T

tangomango

Reaction score
Found the fix/problem:

So I've been doing more research and I found this:

LG G3 Wifi issues after Lollipop update - Issue... Verizon Wireless Community "A link was suggested yesterday that included an app workaround from the Play store. I was skeptical but it worked...this resolved my Wifi issue and notification issue. This, of course, is a workaround and is the only one that has worked for me out of all the ones posted here and 3rd party forums. Don't pay much attention to what the article is saying (unless you own any of the devices), but look for the section that talks about "A quick workaround..." with a download this app link. Of course, use your own discretion since this is a 3rd party app."

Link to app: DNSet - Android Apps on Google Play

I just tried it and it seems to be working fine...

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
Thanks for the heads up. This is a strange issue and the fact that it takes a workaround to deal with it, is terribly disappointing. You would think the manufacturer would be all over this and quickly with a solution to squash the bug dead.

Glad you have it resolved at least for the time being. I'm sure there will be other members who benefit from your post and the research to find a solution. Is members like you that make this forum great! I bow to you.

KaosMaster

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
SCH-I545 Galaxy S4 (Verizon)
I heard from a Samsung rep that they are frantically working on a patch to lollipop...No ETA