Need Help Fast Regarding Apps on 4G

hradek422

Reaction score
I have an issue that just started yesterday on my Note 3, and I don't know if it's PHONE related, or if Verizon is doing something and denying it when I talk to them. When connected to WiFi, everything is working perfectly. I receive all my push notifications for apps, Facebook actually refreshes and loads images, and my messages, and other people's statuses. However, when connected to 4G, none of my data-based apps are functioning properly. Particularly POF, Facebook, YouTube, and SnapChat. I can go through Chrome and load webpages fine, but data-based apps are no longer functioning. I'm paying for a 6GB Data Plan, and I run pretty close to that limit every month, because I listen to a LOT of music when I'm driving (no access to WiFi in the car). Verizon says they're not throttling my data, and they claim there is no service issue in my area. My friend's phone is doing the same thing.

I did a factory data reset last night to see if it would correct the issue, and it didn't. This phone is less than 4 months old, never dropped, absolutely no damage of any kind, and has been working perfectly up to this point, so I refuse to believe it's just my phone. What do you all think, should I take my phone in to Verizon and have someone tell me what's going on? Over the phone tech support is zero help.

P

promo87

Well, have you tried going over to the settings>Data usage, Check over it to see for any suspicious application consuming your data I am sure that you can confirm this by looking over to your data usage of last month.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is the problem only in a small geographical area? If so it could be a cell issue and not your phone or Verizon throttling your data

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

OP
H

hradek422

Reaction score
Is the problem only in a small geographical area? If so it could be a cell issue and not your phone or Verizon throttling your data

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Just an update on this, I took the phone to my local Verizon store. The lady in front of me was having the same issue. They told her "It's a Facebook App issue, and everyone is having it." The lady accepted this and moved on with life. I then told the Verizon rep that I was having the same issue, but was also having it with other social media apps, and also with YouTube, and that the problem was non-existent on WiFi. She insisted it was an app issue. I knew I wasn't going to get anywhere with it, and that they honestly had no clue what was going on, so I left. I drove less than 45 miles away, and low and behold, my apps worked again. That night, I went back home, and they were broken yet again.

So to answer your question, they weren't throttling my data, but it was a Verizon problem, not an app problem or phone problem.

OP
H

hradek422

Reaction score
Try doing a factory reset and see.

I'm not sure if you saw, but in my original post, I said I tried a FDR, and it didn't fix it. Also, the post just before yours, I explained what the problem actually was. It's actually resolved now. Verizon just went stupid for a few days.

Mods, this thread can actually be closed now. Or deleted. Either way.