Phone went through wash need advice

jenjust42day

Reaction score
Hi
I washed my Droid X and it is cleaner now but it wouldn't turn on so unfortunately I attempted to use Asurion and acquire a replacement. Needless to say the replacement, a refurb has a microphone that is not working properly. I am planning to return the phone to them and get my deductible back. I put my other phone on the charger and now it comes on and immediately goes into a black screen with the script on top "Bootloader 30.04" in the middle it says "Battery ok, ok to program, connect usb cable." Does this mean that all I have to do is reprogram my phone? I would much prefer this option then buying a new phone or dealing with asurion. I do have a usb and with some direction I know that I could do this if it were indeed possible. Thank you for your help!
Jen C.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
It is very possible that your phone is not ruined especially if it was not on when it got washed and wasn't turned on while wet. Technically it is not the water that ruins the phone but the combination of the water mixed with electronics that end up shorting out the circuits when powered on. If the phone has had enuf time to be completely dry, you are probably safe to reprogram it. My son lost his phone for three months, was finally found in a bunch of leaves when the snow melted. It looked totally beat up and ruined but ended up working perfectly fine. Amazing!

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using DroidForums