Phone Turning Off

Tha187um

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm having the following issue:

I was running CleanRom ICS 3.7 and it was great until a few days ago, my battery went from 11 hours to about 3-4 tops... I tried task managers, battery tools, nothing worked...

I decided to restore a back up I had prior to the battery issue, it restored fine, however, after it rebooted, it shut down after the HTC screen, I found it weird, i did a battery pull and the same thing, it gives the green HTC screen and shuts off...

I figured it was a bad back up and it was corrupted. so I saw Scott's Rom has a new ICS 4.1, I flashed it and it booted it up, I thought I was in the clear, but before I even added the google account the phone turned off, I turned it back on, I played with it for a couple of minutes and this time it rebooted, it boots back up but in about a minute it reboots again. so now with ICS 4.1 it doesnt turn off, it reboots...

I even went back to my GBE 1.7 back up to see, and I get the shut off issue after the green HTC screen :(

Any ideas?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update - Im downloading RUU 3.11.605.22 to try 4.1 again, the first time I did it I didnt have that firmware, either way that shouldn't affect the shutting down problem with CR 1.7 or 3.7 should it?

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I've never heard of such an issue before. Did you reflash the kernel? Have you tried logcat to see where the problem lies? If it stays up in HBOOT long enough to flash then it's something in the ROM/kernel shutting down.

OP
T

Tha187um

Reaction score
I just updated the firmware and installed CR ICS 4.1 Pro, and I don't get shutdowns anymore, but every so often i get reboots :(

Here's my software info:

View attachment 48665

I just saw this on another forum regarding unexpected reboots with the new firmware, however, my shut downs started prior to it and now I have reboots.

RUU 3.11.605.22 - Reboots - kmsg log hel - xda-developers

I havent gotten a logcat yet as I have NO CLUE what it is, much less to get it :) Im searching for it now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok I installed aLogcat, but that log never stops scrolling :/ do I just save that and post it? or do I wait when the phone reboots?

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Stick with that thread. Joelz is a prominent developer and if he's going to help out. I'd say wait for his wisdom first. But I'd still grab a different kernel(for that release) and hope that it solves the issue.

OP
T

Tha187um

Reaction score
Crap, i spoke too soon, a few minutes into 4.2 and the phone rebooted :(
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Disregard below the tilde lines...
I just flashed 4.2 and it fixed the SD not being seen problem and so far it has not rebooted... I'll update tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Update.
I tried restoring my latest GB back up for the 2nd time, and this time it worked great so far, even though it's only been like 30-40 minutes, by now it should have restarted or shut down like 5 times.

i left the kernel intact (I just realized i posted the wrong screen capture above)

I just noticed something else went wrong though, my internal storage and ext-sd did not load ;( they are unmounted and cannot be mounted, funny though that I can see the content from recovery mode, hence I was able to restore a back up from the SD card, if I go there now, i can see it, but when i boot up it doesnt mount :(

Mr. Smith, you mentioned to try a different Kernel, do you mean a different version or just a different souce? I loaded what was recommended by the latest ICS Rom and got the link from Scott's page.

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
You have to load the matching kernel to your ROM. If you don't you'll get odd issues. This could be one of them.

OP
T

Tha187um

Reaction score
You have to load the matching kernel to your ROM. If you don't you'll get odd issues. This could be one of them.

Thanks, I'm back up and running and with great battery so far... I went back to GBE - CR 1.7.5, there's a file that needed to be flashed to get the SD Card to mount... and also there's no more shutting down or rebooting so far, i finished last night at around 11.. so 11 hours later and still stable.. I have not loaded apps but battery seems to be doing good as well... 3 hours off the charger and it's down to 82%, 2 days ago by this time I would be in the 20's