phone to computer web cam?

yamaha83

Reaction score
i saw there is an app that can turn your phone into a webcam that you can watch from your computer. i was wondering if there is a way to watch the webcam from your computer on your phone?

toddegreene

Reaction score
Try qik, in the marketplace. You have to log into their website to view. The cam is near real time.

akita0331

Reaction score
i know i'm a droid noob but could someone explain how this is done and what apps are needed. i'm away from home alot and this would would really be nice to see the family.

dragonfly1113

Reaction score
Try qik, in the marketplace. You have to log into their website to view. The cam is near real time.

Qik is good if you are leaving your phone at home while you are away but who leaves the phone at home while they are away? lol.

If you want to view your home webcam on your phone get something like web ip cam its an app and make sure you have a webcam at home that can be used as an IP Cam.

Norbaracer13

Reaction score
phonemypc is a great application. it uses the wifi in your home to connect to you pc. you can control all the functions of your pc from your phone, even turn the webcam on;)

qik seems very laggy. also how would you go about turning the qik on an off when you are away? maybe theres a feature for that i havent found.

elgordo123

Reaction score
Yeah I like ustream a tad better, but they Qik and Ustream are almost identical.

toddegreene

Reaction score

Qik is good if you are leaving your phone at home while you are away but who leaves the phone at home while they are away? lol.

If you want to view your home webcam on your phone get something like web ip cam its an app and make sure you have a webcam at home that can be used as an IP Cam.

That's what happens when you read the post while talking on the phone. IP Cam Viewer is the answer you wanted.

posttal

Reaction score
Are there any with demos to see IF they work on the incredible ?
I tried tiny dvr and webcam..but neither worked..luck for me they were free.Dont mind paying IF it works.I might try webcam again.webcam almost worked need an IP address and com port among other things..IP address was easy to get but my laptop cam is refered to as a USB webcam 2.0 and they dont accept USB as a choice..i searched all over and come up with no actual com port.but I'm gonna try it again

posttal

Reaction score
Just a littlle update..I downloaded SEEDONK off the app list...its free.And it works.You download it to your PC AND get it from the app store and put it on your phone..mine is a droid incredible.Set up and account BUT set up 2 different accounts..one for the phone and one for the computer..I used the same names but added a number to one of them.Then send yourself a friend request and ok it.When you leave the house log on with seedonk on your PC.Then go to work or where ever.From your phone log on to your other account.Search your friends list and just click on your other account and presto your watching your other account..or your home pc.I just downloaded it a bit ago but it works..and it has sound if you turn it on..its off by default.So far so good.