Phone switching to airplane mode.

mp54790

Reaction score
My DROID RAZR keeps switching to airplane mode on its own. Does anyone know why it does this, it's almost every other day?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
My DROID RAZR keeps switching to airplane mode on its own. Does anyone know why it does this, it's almost every other day?

Are you using SmartActions or something like that?

OP
M

mp54790

Reaction score
No smart actions.

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
No smart actions.

Ok, well, are you using any 3rd party app that will put your phone into airplane mode when a certain event(s) occurs?

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
No smart actions.

Do you use the power button shortcut menu to turn sound on and off - "Silent mode", or to put the phone to "Sleep" mode? If so, you may be hitting the "Airplane mode" by accident in the process.

Airplane / Standalone Mode - DROID RAZR / RAZR MAXX by MOTOROLA

note.gif
The device will not be able to make / receive phone calls or use any data service while Airplane mode is enabled.
  1. With the device powered on, press and hold the Power button.
    power_button.jpg
  2. Select Airplane mode to enable / disable. ON Airplane mode is enabled (radios off). OFF Airplane mode is disabled (radios on).
    phone_options_airplane_mode.jpg
Another possibility is that if you have a widget or tiny icon app that gives you the ability to switch into Airplane mode you could be hitting that by accident as well? No accusing, just theorizing.

Last edited:

yazzoo7

Reaction score

My wife's DROID X and my DROID X2 started doing this recently, too (5/30/2012 and 6/1/12012). We don't have any 3rd party apps that trigger Airplane Mode and we haven't changed any key functions that activate it either. I didn't realize my phone had switched modes until I noticed the red x across the 3g strength meter. I accessed my settings and found the phone was in airplane mode. I manually turned it off but within a few seconds, the phone switched back. I remedied the problem by powering off, removing and reinserting the battery and powering back up. Strange.

jmhrazrmaxx

Reaction score
I have the same problem. Occasionally my phone switches into airplane mode in the middle of a phone conversation and cuts it off.