Phone says text message memory full

MannyLNJ

Reaction score
I'm running 2.2 non-rooted. I deleted all my text messages but it still says it's full

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm running 2.2 non-rooted. I deleted all my text messages but it still says it's full

Did you try a reboot? See if the message goes away. Also are you using the stock app or handcent or something else?

KittyMisfit

Reaction score
I'm having the same problem! Someone please help!

On my phone I noticed that it had vibrated a few times and the alert for a message sounded, and when I checked it it said memory full or whatever, so I deleted all threads, although for some reason one random thread (that wasn't locked) would not delete. A few messages came through after I deleted them but then it said it was full again. I tried clearing them all, clearing the cache, restarting the phone, and just clearing up more memory, but it's still not helping and it's been two days. :(

Also I keep getting the message alerts and it's driving me crazy.

BoogetyBoo

Reaction score
Memory Full

I'm having the same problem as KittyMisfit. I'm getting both memory full messages - one that takes me to my apps and the other saying my texts are full. I had deleted all my texts yesterday, but the text error just started happening today. It keeps rejecting any incoming texts. Please help!! MotoDroid

NDoubles

Reaction score
Same issue...

How is it that I have nearly 13 gigs on a memory card
And stupid little kilobyte texts Max out on board phone memory, so I can't receive new messages!?!?!

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Factory reset will clear the issue.

Sent from my Droid

Crispie

Reaction score
I have to WHAT??

A factory reset? Are you kidding me?? That's complete bull, and you say it like it's no problem at all. There are apps and songs that I had to pay for on my phone, AND I have stuff for school saved on it. So for you guys to tell us that we have to start our phones over from day 1 is unacceptable. Unless you guys plan on giving me FULL and free online backup or a refund on everything I've bought (with partial online backup) you had better come up with a reasonable solution.

vatothe0

Reaction score
A factory reset? Are you kidding me?? That's complete bull, and you say it like it's no problem at all. There are apps and songs that I had to pay for on my phone, AND I have stuff for school saved on it. So for you guys to tell us that we have to start our phones over from day 1 is unacceptable. Unless you guys plan on giving me FULL and free online backup or a refund on everything I've bought (with partial online backup) you had better come up with a reasonable solution.

You do know that a factory reset doesn't touch the memory card right? And your purchased apps ARE backed up in the market.

Calm down

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

AngusN

Reaction score
I feel your pain young padawan...

I really do feel your pain, however your anger is mis-directed. A factory reset will "fix" this problem, and many others. You don't have to fear loosing your paid programs since (assuming you bought them through the Android Market) Google knows what you have bought and allows you to re-download them without re-paying for them. I've done this many times. As for your songs etc, you do need to back those up. You should still have USB capability, and I'm assuming that you do have a USB enabled comptuer and can handle dragging and dropping some files after hooking up.

*sigh* "You guys" ... umm... I hope you realize that droidforums.net isn't a paid service, they had nothing to do with you buying your phone and service. These "guys" (some are women) are here because they love the platform and actually enjoy helping people with real problems (with hardware) that are at least semi-polite, please keep that in mind when conversing with the very helpful people that take time out of their day to address your issues.

Ok, now that THAT is off my chest, I'll continue... I've had this message myself. I'm running BuglessBeast v0.4 and have had a ton of apps. Your text messages are stored on the little bitsy piece of internal memory, not that nice whopping 16g SDcard. Unless you're running froyo or some ingenious hack, the SMS's share that ram with your applications. I moved a TON of applications off to the SDCard. (You can do that with Froyo). I wiped out all my non-important messages too. After a reboot I was as good as new! I would suggest saving any pictures or videos (or whatever) attachments off to your SDCard as soon as you get them, and delete those messages. They take up space that you are running low on.

As always, your milage may vary, not available in all areas, and other stupid legal speak... I hope this may help both your android problem and your attitude problem :)

mandajay

Reaction score
I have hard reset at least 5 time this week. Its not going away. Both errors. Briefly goes away and come back. I'm ready to pull my hair out. How do I move stuff to the SDcard? I'm about ready to go back to the iphone... please help!!!

droid01

Reaction score
I am also fighting this problem. I haven't tried the factory reset option yet. Timing wise, I noticed the problem started occurring for me after the latest Android update and after the installation of Adobe Flash Player 10.1 (coincidence?). I have tried uninstalling applications/widgits in search of the root cause. I noticed that when I removed a widgit for displaying local weather this seem to resolve the problem. After a few days I installed a different app/widgit for the local weather , but the problem re-occured. I once again removed this widgit it and have had no problems for several days. I noticed (and installed) a new update to Flash that came in this morning. I have been monitoring my memory space under Settings>SD Card & phone storage. Hope sharing my experience helps find the root cause of this problem.

Last edited:

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score

You do know that a factory reset doesn't touch the memory card right? And your purchased apps ARE backed up in the market.

Calm down

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

No, he's a lemming, and expects the online community to solve whatever issue he has without any possibility of destroying his data, or his limite knowledge of how the market works.

What he DOESN'T realise is that WE have no obligation to him to do anything of the sort for a backup, or restoration of his own data.

We are not his carrier, and they don't either.

What is reasonable is that you take responsibiity for your own device. Period. Then perhaos the community will try to assist you, and if that means in the opinion of those of us who have seen the issues before such as CK - following that advice.

Of course, if you don't want to do that, you can always go take it to your store and have them figure it out, if they can.

(Yeah, that's totally harsh and to the point. You come on our BB and then tell us we have to give you some other reasonable solution? You definately are not going far with that online attitude.)

Last edited:

ultima

Reaction score
this was drivin me crazy. Im a little less crazy now that i know its not just my phone

ROTFLMFAO @ Crispie...its not even a "noob" comment, its a "i don't know how my phone works" comment. Funniest thing ive read in weeks

WalkingThePath

Reaction score
Re: Message "Txt Message memory Full, incoming message rejected

Hello to all,
I read this thread after having just got off the phone with a tech rep from Verizon. It is too bad that the first place he went to was wipe the phone,but when he could feel the dread :icon_eek: through the phone as I have many a App, he decided to share another idea with me.
According to him, an app or apps are causing this phenomena,and it apparently begun after the 2.2 update for Droid :motdroidhoriz:. He said he and other in the Tech Dept have discovered it and experimented with it,but he had no idea which app it could be.
So he suggested I remove them all, then after I said Uh, kidding right:icon_eek: ? I said,how bout I go online and see if anyone else is having this problem and find out if they know which app or apps could be the culprit(s)? Then I can remove the bad app or apps,not wipe all the apps or wipe the phone,drastic measures as I see it!dancedroid
Good idea he said! Sheesh..:icon_evil:
So I said thank you very much you have been very helpful, and I hope your friend finds out what is causing his problem and rung off.
I just read in another thread here that a weather app might be to blame..I am going to investigate further..Happy hunting to all,I'll check back/report back findings.:greendroid: