phone says damaged SD card after file trans.

binary

Reaction score
I have a DROID RAZR MAXX with a 64 gb SD card. This setup has worked well for me UNTILL I hooked it to my sons Mac book with my data/charge cable to let him move a few pictures off it. I unplugged the phone without ejecting it first (my fault).

Now the phone says "damaged SD card" and it is asking me to format it. When I hook the phone to a PC (like I do all the time) it does not see the SD card. I try putting the card directly in a computer and it can not read it.

My question is:
Do I need to reformat it or is there a trick to repair the file structure?

It would not be the end of the world if I had to format but it would suck to lose some cool pictures and video that would be hard to get again.

Any help would be great. Thanks

NWRULES

Reaction score
A similar thing happened to me, but only the card just randomly went corrupt. Like out of the blue, not plugged into anything, went bad. Had thousands of music songs and 3 years of pictures. Gone. Went to several websites online that said they could possibly recover the data. No luck. Last ditch effort, I sent it to a highly recommended place in Georgia called the cherry systems. They tried everything you could possibly do to recover data, and couldn't get my stuff back. Total Bummer. The cool thing is that they don't charge you if no data is recovered. It could cost up to $500. I do recommend cherry systems though. Very friendly, very professional and prompt with their responses. Wish you all the best.