Phone running slow, not acting 'right'

rmmcgar

Reaction score
It's taking several seconds to a minute to open up an app, including my picture gallery. Also, I STILL cannot send or receive picture messages, no matter what app I use. I was using Go SMS, however, I've tried others with no luck.
Please help with the lagging phone, and the inability to send and receive pictures.
I have tried everything I can think of, shoot me your thoughts.
Thanks

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
What android version are you on? 2.3.4 or 2.3.5? Who is your carrier? Have you rooted or made any modifications to your phone? If not, would you be willing to?

My first thought is to clear your cache in stock recovery. Turn the phone off, Hold volume down + power until the screen turns on, when it does release power but continue holding volume down until it says "fastboot" at the top. Press volume down 7 times until it says android recovery at the top, press volume up, at the ! screen press volume up + volume down together to enter recovery. Scroll with volume buttons to wipe cache partition and power to select it. Once it's done reboot and see if it helps. If not, post back regarding the questions I asked and we can go from there.

bats101

Reaction score
i am new to the forum my x2 must have a heat problem after constant use in the car or exposing to 80+ degree temps the screen goes crazy icons wiggling non responsive features . also the cpu area (i guess) is very warm below battery area. sometimes you can turn off unit and let it cool down and it may go back to normal. or pull battery .. i have several times done a data reset ... its got fully charged battery sd mem verizen phone any help would be very appreciated i am an electronic tech and thought about adding somekind of heatsink to the unit ...