Phone numbers merging causing data loss

ruslanb1

Reaction score
Hi,
I have been fighting with this issue on my DroidX over the last two days.
Basicaly I have a single contact with multiple phone numbers (Home, Mobile)
The only difference with all regular contacts is that I'm using Pause (or Wait) characters in the phone number.
E.g.
Home: 1234656;789123456
Mobile: 1234656;789123555

As soon as I save the contact, phone number labels are getting "merged" and I lose the second number. It looks like this:

Home, Mobile: 1234656;789123456

Contacts work fine with single numbers and multiple numbers without special characters

This looks like a very bad bug to me.
Does anyone else have the same issue?

Thank you,
Ruslan

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It's not a bug. Are you doing this within the contact? Try using Add a contact and see if you get a different result. Contacts/menu/add a contact.

I'm not certain this will resolve it for you but there is a trick to making it work.

Another way to do it is to go on line to your gmail and try adding it your contacts that way.

OP
R

ruslanb1

Reaction score
I tried to create new contact on the phone and ended up with the same issue. When created new contact in Google i see the numbers correct on the web, but still messed up on my phone.

When createing contact on my phone it's getting synced to google and my corp accounts. There the numbers are displayed correctly and they are not merged into one.

I wonder if this is caused by some app that I installed on my phone.
Can some one please try this on Droid X and see if issue will repro?

OP
R

ruslanb1

Reaction score
Definitaly a bug!
I got the repro today on Droid 2.

1. Add new contact
2. Type contact name
3. Add Home phone number: 425123456;0117555555
4. Add Work phone number: 425123456;0117555666
5. Save new contact
6. Reopen the contact and take a look at the phone number

Result:
1. Contact with one phone number 425123456;0117555555 created on the phone
2. Label for this phone number is merged ("Home Work") but later changes to just "Home"
3. Contact with 2 phone numbers properly created in Google account
4. If simmilar new contact is created just in Google account, then phone numbers will be trancated the same way on the phone device.

Phone does not like , and ; delimeters in multiple numbers. Single number works just fine.
This is pretty bad, because it was main scenario for all my international calls using access numbers.

How do I get it fixed?

dilbert_

Reaction score
I brought a Droid X just a few days ago and have quite a few international numbers that require the calling card prefix to automatically dial. Droid X merges the numbers and gives me just the first one on the list!