Phone memory manager needed

sahilahuja

Reaction score
How I can I explore phone memory n see what is installed in it..like for sd card dere is astro file manager etc..

Sent from my E10i using DroidForums App

chrstdvd

Reaction score
Open up Astro and hit the icon that has a folder and green arrow. It should take you to a screen with three folders asec ,sdcard, secure and in the top left corner under notification bar you will see a folder/mnt.
Hit the up arrow folder once more and you will see a folder/ in uper right. The folders and files in the main screen are your internal memory.

What I do not know is if you have to be rooted to see these options.

Anyway, if this works for you your applications are in the folder System/app and System/bin.

Otherwise, you would have to be rooted and use Root Explorer app. Then there is always the root and download the SDK and use your command prompt option.

OP
S

sahilahuja

Reaction score
Hey thnks fr ur help..bt I cnt find d foldr /mnt..as u said rooting may b required..i know a little bit abt rooting wud u plz explain me What it is?how it can b done on xperia x10?is it very risky?as I have heard dat after doing it d phone might not work..pls guide me..

chrstdvd

Reaction score
I am probably the last person who should advise you. First we have different phones so I would suggest that you find the Forum on here for you phone and I bet they have all the guides, info, cautions etc.

Having said that, I do not think you should root until you know why you want to do it.
Some reasons, are a different ROM, you want to use apps that require root, like Titanium BackUp, root explorer etc. or you want to use WIFI tethering.

I can not find you phone on this Forum, so I would wait for someone with more experience to answer this thread, and Google around for a forum for your particular phone while I wait for more answers.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Hey thnks fr ur help..bt I cnt find d foldr /mnt..as u said rooting may b required..i know a little bit abt rooting wud u plz explain me What it is?how it can b done on xperia x10?is it very risky?as I have heard dat after doing it d phone might not work..pls guide me..

Since this device is on AT&T you will find more knowledgeable help at out sister forum AT&T Android Forum