Phone locked after too many incorrect PINs - Google account not signing in...Help?

ajmckerihen

Reaction score
Alright, so here's the story. My buddy took my phone and tried to guess the passcode lock. Long story short, he entered incorrect PINs too many times and the phone is now locked. It says to sign in with my google account to unlock the phone. I enter my email and password. And it's saying I entered it wrong. I've made sure that the email and password I'm putting in are right, and there NO way someone changed my password on my google account. No capslock, nothing that shouldn't be there. I've rebooted the phone a few times, and tried everything I can think of.

What can I do?

Wopback

Reaction score
OUCH!!!! this happened to me too......I hate to tell you but.....factory reset time....

Sent from my Chuck Norris approved Droid RAZR

OP
A

ajmckerihen

Reaction score
OUCH!!!! this happened to me too......I hate to tell you but.....factory reset time....

And how do I do that?
Luckily I did backed up my phone just a couple days ago on my computer, so I hopefully shouldn't lose too much stuff.....:/

Wopback

Reaction score
My bad.....I just thoroughly read it, so your phone is locked? Or email? If its phone, I'm sorry buddy don't know....call tech support

OP
A

ajmckerihen

Reaction score
My bad.....I just thoroughly read it, so your phone is locked? Or email? If its phone, I'm sorry buddy don't know....call tech support

The phone is locked because of too many incorrect PINs entered. So it's asking me to sign in with my google account. However when I enter my email and password it's saying it's incorrect..

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Your best bet is to take it in to Verizon.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
He can't access stock recovery like on other phones to do a data wipe? I don't know much about the RAZT

X

OP
A

ajmckerihen

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone.

I got it working. I ended up just resetting my google password from my computer, then rebooted my phone, entered my new password and it seemed to work. So either google screwed up, or I'm an idiot and was entering the wrong password all along....Whichever it is, I'm just happy my phone is working again:D

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Glad you got it sorted out. :biggrin:

SallyC

Reaction score
Thanks for posting the solution. Hopefully no one else has the problem but if they do at least now they have something to try.

I think your buddy should buy you dinner for putting you through this. :)

rommelpodium21

Reaction score
I have the problem with your phone but this time pattern unlock and also tried reset the password in the google account ang rebooted also my phone but its not working i think factory reset but i dont know how to contact them?