Phone is done!

jponry2ez

Reaction score
hello, i rooted my d2 a couple of months ago, since yesterday its been freezing, restarting, and the battery dies from full to empty in about 1hr 30mins. i have jrummy and its clocked at 1100max 400min. i had set cpu and i thought that was the problem so i uninstalled the setcpu, but its not..can someone tell me what to do? right now im using my laptop to send out this message..

titans

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Try wiping data/cache from recovery.

Reaction score
Try to set it back to it's default clock speeds to see if that fixes the issues. I know when I OC my D1 to a speed it doesn't like, it'll freeze, reboot and the such.

OP
J

jponry2ez

Reaction score
i already tried to revert back to stock clock speeds and its still doing the same thing..

OP
J

jponry2ez

Reaction score
i just tried clearing the cache, still the same

rayne58

Reaction score
Yeah clearing cache isn't.much...make a titanium backup clear everything data and cache and reflash wtvr rom you want

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

OP
J

jponry2ez

Reaction score
how do i reflash?"im an idiot" i dont know what that means

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Please change your previous post as someone might take offense. "I'm an idiot" would suffice. Thank you.

Make a Titanium Backup of everything you want to save and SBF back to stock. If the phone STILL has issues it's a problem with the phone's hardware and it will need to go back.

OP
J

jponry2ez

Reaction score
so im using the titanium backup, whats sbf and how do i do this?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Basic phone hacking 101 for Motorola phones. RSD Lite and SBF.

I'm surprised you didn't know anything about them. You should do some serious reading.

www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-labs/73579-using-rsd-lite-flash-sbf-file-correctly.html

While geared towards the D1 you should still familiarize yourself with the thread. Other than "catching the boot" it's the same. You'll want RSD Lite 4.8 or 4.9 and you'll need the SBF that corresponds to your system version/bootloader. Use the .320 SBF for bootloader version 30.04.

And start digging around and reading what you can so you know what to do in the future if something screws up and you don't flash the wrong file and brick your phone. :)