Phone calling people on its own

lethaldroid

Reaction score
My Droid X does the samething

I've had the same problem's with my Droid X calling people when it should be closed or even when it's been sitting on my kitchen table. Did you ever find anything out why this happens?

when i said it was an app what i should of said is its people using an app to prank call me... You enter two different peoples numbers and it makes them both ring and records the people when they answer

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy tablet using Tapatalk

I don't have such application and I don't think that somebody of my friends could make such prank to me and to my wife. My droid x frequently starts calling to my wife it self. I thought it is because I am absolutely new with my smart phone and I do something wrong. I hang up and put the phone in the case or in the pocket when it is not completely off so it could make somehow call back later. Recently I've received voice mail from my wife's phone (LG Vortex) for about 17 minutes with all what she talked in the car when driving. My wife didn't make this call to me. The phone did it somehow on its own. Than I started to think that it might be not proper function of some preset application standard to droid x and LG vortex. The screen of my droid x is very sensitive and I don't know how to turn only the screen off. Sleep/power button sometimes works to put it in sleep mode but sometimes it is not. Phone power button frequently gives me only option to turn it off and I don't do it waiting some calls. Even being in the case hanged on my belt the phone wakes up when I accidentally push the case with my arm.
It happened very funny accident recently because of that. I was driving with my friend in his truck when my wife called me asking when we will be back. I was kidding that we are not birds and we will be back 15 minutes later, hanged up and put the phone into the pocket. My friend behind the wheel started to make jokes about women in general and about his wife especially. Meantime the droid x in my pocket called to the phone of my friend and left all his full of passion speech to his auto-recorder. You can imagine face of his wife when she met him later and how did he look at me because he didn't believe that the phone did it on it's own without my creepy participation. :)

alexkach

Reaction score
I've had the same problem's with my Droid X calling people when it should be closed or even when it's been sitting on my kitchen table. Did you ever find anything out why this happens?
I thought that it is some kind of weakness of android phones in general. I actually came to this forum to make sure all of my suggestions are not fantasy but I didn't receive any proving feedback that I am not right. Such "phone" mixes up all together in all very simplified OS system: internet, phone calls and other applications. It is Ok if it is simple as Magic Jack IP phone for $20/year - unlimited free calls in US & Canada based on simplified computer=Droid X with Java written primitive OS of price $500/device + $30/moth unlimited Verizon Wireless Internet access but we pay $150/month for such pleasure. What is this pleasure about? Why should I download some third party widget to lock my phone, turn of super sensitive screen, make 2-3 clicks to call instead of one when all of these features should be already inside of the system? How to get to these features?
I set pattern to unlock the phone but the phone is almost never fall's out behind of this pattern. I put the phone in sleep mode but when I take it out of the case later it's on again and ready to call by any accidental click.
I think it is great machine and it is pleasure to test one of these advanced devices in your private live but the payments for usage are too high and it is not developed yet enough to be easy in use.
We should find out how to remove one touch call option I think. I'll be googling and post here something because here I didn't find anything yet about this simple option.
My phone Droid X stopped calling it self for now but I am receiving 20 minutes voice mails from my wife's Verizon LG Vortex with the same problem.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I thought that it is some kind of weakness of android phones in general. I actually came to this forum to make sure all of my suggestions are not fantasy but I didn't receive any proving feedback that I am not right. Such "phone" mixes up all together in all very simplified OS system: internet, phone calls and other applications. It is Ok if it is simple as Magic Jack IP phone for $20/year - unlimited free calls in US & Canada based on simplified computer=Droid X with Java written primitive OS of price $500/device + $30/moth unlimited Verizon Wireless Internet access but we pay $150/month for such pleasure. What is this pleasure about? Why should I download some third party widget to lock my phone, turn of super sensitive screen, make 2-3 clicks to call instead of one when all of these features should be already inside of the system? How to get to these features?
I set pattern to unlock the phone but the phone is almost never fall's out behind of this pattern. I put the phone in sleep mode but when I take it out of the case later it's on again and ready to call by any accidental click.
I think it is great machine and it is pleasure to test one of these advanced devices in your private live but the payments for usage are too high and it is not developed yet enough to be easy in use.
We should find out how to remove one touch call option I think. I'll be googling and post here something because here I didn't find anything yet about this simple option.
My phone Droid X stopped calling it self for now but I am receiving 20 minutes voice mails from my wife's Verizon LG Vortex with the same problem.

Most problems are user created also....

alexkach

Reaction score
Most problems are user created also....
I think you are absolutely right. I would even say all of the problems are user created. The question is how to avoid creating the problems by your-self. :)
What did I do to stop my droid x calling it-self? I've set pattern to open the phone. I am trying always to close dialer application after the call. It seams to me it just most of the cases called "it self" to the number where I called before. I'm trying to put it in sleep mode after each of my calls. It's not convenient ant it doesn't help always to completely stop phone from unneeded actions but my phone stopped calling it-self at least for now.
:)