Phone Call Audio Issue

drkpablo

Reaction score
The ongoing issue that I am having with my phone is that at times when I make/receive a call I will hear no audio out of the ear speaker, but speaker phone works fine. Now I am not sure, but what I think is happening is that my phone thinks headphones are still plugged in. I say this because it seems to only happen after having something plugged into the headphone jack. Any ideas on how to fix this???

JSIL1

Reaction score
I have the same problem every now and then. I find the restarting the phone resolves the issue.

xathor

Reaction score
I have the same problem all the time. Nearly every time I recieve a call I have to hang up and call the person back. I can hear them on speaker just fine or if I connect to bluetooth... but I cannot hear them with the earpiece on the phone.

It's almost worth me forking out some cash and getting an Imagio.

apastuszak

Reaction score
Same here

The ongoing issue that I am having with my phone is that at times when I make/receive a call I will hear no audio out of the ear speaker, but speaker phone works fine. Now I am not sure, but what I think is happening is that my phone thinks headphones are still plugged in. I say this because it seems to only happen after having something plugged into the headphone jack. Any ideas on how to fix this???

I've had this happen twice so far. Yanked the battery both times and it resolved the issue.

Perhaps 2.1 will fix this...

Andy

OP
D

drkpablo

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of this happening with other android phones? If so then maybe 2.1 will fix it, but if not I will not hold my breath for a fix :mad:

lestejm

Reaction score
Heve had the same issue. Just now realized that it happened after I plugged my phone into stereo to play music. Hope next update will correct it

OP
D

drkpablo

Reaction score
New Thought

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is something in the api (root only is fine) that will force the phone to play audio out of the earpiece. If so a widget that does this could solve our problems for now.

apastuszak

Reaction score
I think I may have had a fix...

I installed the Home screen from Android 2.1 onto the Droid and made it the default. The whole time I used that as my home screen, I didn't have an issue.

However, the 2.1 Home screen is pretty unstable and my phone rebooted alot, so I had to uninstall it.

I've had the 2.0 Home screen since 9:00 AM this morning, and have had to do 2 battery pulls alone today just to get the sound right.

Andy

Blotto

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knew if there is something in the api (root only is fine) that will force the phone to play audio out of the earpiece. If so a widget that does this could solve our problems for now.
There is an application that does exactly this. I did have it when I downloaded I believe Sholes 2.0.2 unsure now since I'm using BB. There was a fairly long post though on one of the forums that I frequent. I'm trying to search it down now. If I have any luck I'll edit.

Here you go: http://alldroid.org/viewtopic.php?f=210&t=2021

kennyc

Reaction score
This just happened to me on my DroidX with 2.2 yesterday. I don't get that many phone calls but damn, this thing is supposed to be a phone first! And that behavior is just krap!

Any solutions. Is Verizon or Moto working on it?

(probably not because it ups the usage minutes!!!)

gabchoud

Reaction score
I just had this happen today, for the first time ever on my motorola droid. I restarted the phone several times, shut down & pulled the battery. Nothing helped, until I plugged in a set of headphones. Opened Pandora, listened through the headphones for a second or two. Closed, unplugged, and earpiece came back.

kennyc

Reaction score
I just had this happen today, for the first time ever on my motorola droid. I restarted the phone several times, shut down & pulled the battery. Nothing helped, until I plugged in a set of headphones. Opened Pandora, listened through the headphones for a second or two. Closed, unplugged, and earpiece came back.

Do you have a stock Droid or rooted??

Did you recently update to 2.2?

kennyc

Reaction score
Is anyone having continuing/on-going issues with no audio on calls?

I have not has it happen other than the one time following the update to 2.2.

I have since then powered off/on my DroidX a couple of times, but not every day..