Performance w/LauncherPro

yopete525

Reaction score
How does the Droid 2 run with LauncherPro? I'm mostly concerned with the performance (smoothness/speed), because the functionality I'm assuming would be the same. I've seen videos of the Droid X running LauncherPro and the UI seems much more responsive than the default blur-esque skin that the phone comes with, but I can't find anything on the 2. For whatever reason it seems to me the Droid 2's performance with the default skin is even more sluggish, to the point of frustration -- whether that is due to bloatware or the skin itself is a mystery to me. But does anyone have any feedback on how the Droid 2 runs with LPro?

Jeebz88

Reaction score
Mine definitely seems to run much more smoothly with launcher pro.

shmoo

Reaction score
Why don't you go get it from the market and just try it out? if you like it keep it, if you don't install it...simple as pie.

HuJass

Reaction score
I installed LauncherPro on my D2 and it made my phone run all goofy.
I uninstalled it.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Yes after DL launcher pro, you must hit the home button, choose launcher pro, and start adding widgets and icons to the number of screens you have available, you can cuztomize launcher pro further by clicking on menu button on the home screen aand choosing preferences, this is all launcher pros extensive options

OP
Y

yopete525

Reaction score
Oh I forgot to explain why I'm asking, I'd been deliberating over whether to buy the Incredible, X, or 2, and actually settled on the Incredible and ordered it yesterday. It came down to the performance and software of the phone, because the X and 2 were significantly less responsive in comparison. However that was before I learned about LPro (I'm new to Android/Smartphones, upgrading from a Voyager). Hardware-wise, the Droid 2 is my favorite (soft buttons, high-density 16:9 screen sized well for one-hand use), but I couldn't get over the software.

Would those of you with LPro on their Droid 2's compare its performance to the Incredible's, or the Droid X running it?

SangYuP

Reaction score
Maybe my settings are wrong but the performance is worse when using launcherpro and it has some bugs that are annoying.

OP
Y

yopete525

Reaction score
@SangYuP that's what I'm not understanding, performance seems inconsistent between users. You don't seem to be the only one who's experienced worse performance/bug issues with the Droid 2 + LPro. I don't know if that's a risk I'd want to take.

SangYuP

Reaction score
@SangYuP that's what I'm not understanding, performance seems inconsistent between users. You don't seem to be the only one who's experienced worse performance/bug issues with the Droid 2 + LPro. I don't know if that's a risk I'd want to take.

Well not to dissuade you or anything from the D2 but I have uninstalled LPP (launcherproplus) for now. I'll wait for more updates and hopefully they will be performance improvements and bug fixes. I don't care for the widgets that the developer is working on. I just want it faster and less buggy.