Pdanet

Cynthialea

Reaction score
I noticed PDA Net is not offered via the market anymore. Does anyone know how I can get the app on my phone?

Thanks

Brian1

Reaction score
use google and search for pdanet. First link should get you to their site to download. Brian

Thunder_sl

Reaction score
From the developer

Description

Beginning April 2011 PdaNet has been delisted from the Android Market by some carriers since this very popular app - with over 3 million installs and 4.5+ ratings - shares your phone's Internet connection with your computer and does not require a tether fee or rooting your phone. This leaves a lot of our users stuck with an outdated version and no longer receive update notifications from Android Market. Since PdaNet does not really rely on Android Market and can be installed on the computer end, we are hoping this note can reach you and help you through this problem. You can simply download and install PdaNet on the computer side from
http://pdanet.co/android
If your computer does not have Internet access (yet), install this "ReadMe" app to help you download the exe/pkg file to your phone's memory card. Keeping this app installed will (hopefully) allow you to receive future PdaNet update notifications.
User reviews and ratings from Android Market are still viewable at
http://appbrain.com/app/pdanet/com.pdanet

hotdog12

Reaction score
Annoying they pulled this great app from the Market. I've got the full-on umlimited Verizon plan and just needed a way to tether my laptop in case of emergency or working out in the field (I'm a photojournalist). I can still get the app on the internet, but is awkward.

Just venting!

Sent from DInc

Last edited:

LocaButt

Reaction score
You install it on your PC and it prompts you to plug in your phone, once you do it installs it on the phone. That's how it worked for me at least.

calamari

Reaction score
I figured you guys would have the answer to this question:
I've been using PDAnet to tether since I got my Motorola Droid over a year ago and it's been great. I just upgraded PDANet on my computer. Do I need to connect the Droid to the computer and re-install the update on my phone or do I only need the upgrade on my computer? If so, do I need to uninstall the old version from my Droid first? Thanks for your help!

aoddead

Reaction score
No. You can run seperate versions. It is recommended to always run the latest versions of each, (3.0 for PC & 2.45 for android), but it would still work with out of date versions.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk