PDANet Tether on Samsung Fascinate

dogflaw

Reaction score
I am trying to use by PDANet software to tether with my new today Samsung Fascinate. (I used this with my Motorola Droid One as a very useful backup when I am in mobile range but not in range of a wireless network.)

I have PDANet loaded and running on the Fascinate and on my laptop, and am getting the message to activate USB debugging on the Phone at Applications > Development and there I can't go further. I don't have any development application. I am not a developer; just want to use PDANet.

mkloharry

Reaction score
Go to settings, applications,development you will see the debug setting there.

rcpike72

Reaction score
pdanet on samsung fascinate ???

Please tell me how you got pdanet to work with your samsung fascinate!!!! We have a 64bit with windows 7 and it wont download the adb drivers..... Frustrating !!!!!!!!!!!!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
They should give you the drivers on the PDANet website. If you still can't get it to work, try EasyTether instead. It has the advantage of being half the price if you want to buy it.

rcpike72

Reaction score
ok I will try easy tether... Maybe the phone is bad ?? just wont download the drivers to the computer.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
You can't get the drivers and the little application they make you run on the computer from the website? Can you get them on your phone and then transfer the installer from the phone to the computer via USB mass storage mode?

djras1

Reaction score
I DO have PDANet working on my Fascinate.
I downloaded the drivers linked from PDANets (though these may have been updated when I went through a rooting process - I do remember seeing 64 bit drivers from the rooting threads).
After rooting and using ADB I got a message when trying to connect to PDANet to quit ADB. A PC reboot fixed that.