pdanet mac help

thebrandon

Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I just installed pdanet on my girlfriends macbook pro, no problems, works fine. Then I went to my macbook pro, following the exact same steps and the icon that is supposed to pop up on the top bar on the mac is not there for me. How do I go about fixing this? My phone is rooted with wireless tether, but sometimes it's nice to be able to have a more direct link to the internet, especial when my signal strength is not up to par. I've noticed that pdanet is a bit more reliable than the wireless tether is.

So any idea why it would install on my gf's macbook and not on mine? It works for her, but not for me.

I'm a bit of a mac noob, so any help is appreciated.

Macdaddydc

Reaction score
Make sure you both have the same mac system version first. Try rebooting your mac if a system update yields no joy. Use the program called disk utility and repair your hard drive & reboot.

If that doesn't work, shut down both macs, connect a fire wire cable between them, fire up the gfs mac I until its booted up, then start your mac while holding the"T" key. You'll boot up in target mode and you can copy files directly from her mac to yours.
Once done, disconnect and reboot.
PM me if you need more help.
DC

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App