PDANet installed, how do i tether so that i can get my ipad online?

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score
I'm trying to tether my droid cell phone so that i can browse the net with my ipad lets say... at the park or at the mall. How do i go about this?

I have PDANet installed on the droid already, whats next?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Doesn't PDAnet use software on the pc to work?

can that software be installed onto the ipad, if not then you wouldn't be able to tether.

evltwn72

Reaction score
Dont think you will be able to unless you root your Droid. If you root it, then you can install an app called Wireless Tether or Barnicle Tether. I run Wireless Tether on my DX.

fish1552

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S23 Ultra
Twitter
fish1552

can that software be installed onto the ipad, if not then you wouldn't be able to tether.

^^ What he said. It's all based on if you can install the software on the iPad.

On my laptop, I run the PDANet desktop software which basically just shows as another type of network connection I can use. I think I also had to get EasyTether on my Droid to get it all running.

You might try just using your Wi-Fi hotspot on the X. The iPad should recognize it as just a standard wi-fi connection without any special software.

OP
L

LOUISSSSS

Reaction score

^^ What he said. It's all based on if you can install the software on the iPad.

On my laptop, I run the PDANet desktop software which basically just shows as another type of network connection I can use. I think I also had to get EasyTether on my Droid to get it all running.

You might try just using your Wi-Fi hotspot on the X. The iPad should recognize it as just a standard wi-fi connection without any special software.

okay so i'm pretty hopeless without rooting my droid (which i didn't look into because i *think* its a complicated process?)

i dont have the droid x, i have the regular first gen droid, is there ANY way that i can use it to get my ipad online using it?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
Pdanet software works on Mac osx 10.5 and above I don't think ipad has that. If u r not going to root try easy tether in market

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
You can't use PDAnet on an iPad it's made to connect desktop and laptop computers via USB or bluetooth.

I don't know what kind of Droid you're using but you'll either have to pay to utilize the hotspot feature or root and use Barnicle. For a lot of Droids the WiFi Tether app available online no longer works.

evltwn72

Reaction score
You can't use PDAnet on an iPad it's made to connect desktop and laptop computers via USB or bluetooth.

I don't know what kind of Droid you're using but you'll either have to pay to utilize the hotspot feature or root and use Barnicle. For a lot of Droids the WiFi Tether app available online no longer works.

With the wifi tether app found on the market, you can install an older version of the app before the most recent upgrade and it should work just fine on any Android phone. That's what I had to do on my DX. Just search the developers web page, you should find all versions there.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App