Pattern lock issues

gchave

Reaction score
has anyone been having problems with the pattern lock? sometimes when i go to do my pattern its really really sensitive and will give me the red mistake circle when I'm doing the right pattern. i then do it supper slow with perfect lines and it won't work. it took me almost 2 min to unlock my phone before, its just to sensitive and faulty. i turn the screen off and back on it just won't work and then suddenly it will work again and be easier to unlock.. very mysterious.

am i the only one getting this problem? is my phone being worked to hard...could it be getting slow already!? i really don't think i have much going on on the phone.

has anyone been having problems with the pattern lock? sometimes when i go to do my pattern its really really sensitive and will give me the red mistake circle when I'm doing the right pattern. i then do it supper slow with perfect lines and it won't work. it took me almost 2 min to unlock my phone before, its just to sensitive and faulty. i turn the screen off and back on it just won't work and then suddenly it will work again and be easier to unlock.. very mysterious.

am i the only one getting this problem? is my phone being worked to hard...could it be getting slow already!? i really don't think i have much going on on the phone.

I have the same problem. It’s a daily thing for me. For some reason it stops registering my finger half way through the pattern. My wife has the same phone and she tells me that it does not happen to her. I am debating to exchange my phone or wait for the software update. gchave I have looked everywhere and I cannot find anyone else having the same issue. Let me know if you were able to resolve it or what you did.

If this happens while you're plugged in for charging, it's a known issue that Motorola is addressing in their update....

If this happens while you're plugged in for charging, it's a known issue that Motorola is addressing in their update....

Forgot to mention that. No its not plugged in to the charger nor dock or USB. I am aware of the screen issue while connected. Its very annoying when I am trying to dismiss the alarm. lol.

Are you stock? I've been noticing this for a few days. Coincidently, I rooted and put OTA 5.7.893 on a few days ago...

????

Are you stock? I've been noticing this for a few days. Coincidently, I rooted and put OTA 5.7.893 on a few days ago...

I notice the first day I got it. I installed DT rom and it still did it. I thought by updating to 5.7.893 was going to fix it, but it didn't. I have done plenty of factory wipes and tried different roms. Problem still there. I have gone up and down thought the forums to see if anyone else had the same problem but no cigar until gchave posted a thread. Hopefully more people will bump into this thread and speak out.

I have the same issue! kind of a relief seeing that it's happend to some other owners possibly.btw,I own a Droid RAZR.I've just both rooted and installed the recently given system update for the phone,but the issue remains...Can't remember if I had the problem before rooting it.
I really hope there's some kind of solution for this.It really bugs me!

moto let down

This issue has been happening since droid 1 and we are now up to droid 4. It is amazing how motorola can make phones worse with every new model. If another phone company makes a keyboard phone, especially one with a portrait slider like the Pre, i am definately saying good bye to moto and never going back.

Back