Password App

Bryan0612

Reaction score
What is the best password storage application. I am looking for something that I can sync to the computer as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
What is the best password storage application. I am looking for something that I can sync to the computer as well.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

I use 1Password. Have it on my Mac, Droid, and iPad. It's also available for Windows.

1Password

rscinc

Reaction score
The only problem I see is you have to use an offsite "DropBox" system to sync. How secure is it if you keep putting your secure information in a location that you have no control over.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only problem I see is you have to use an offsite "DropBox" system to sync. How secure is it if you keep putting your secure information in a location that you have no control over.

That and it costs $$... personally I use a secured (i.e. pass-protected) Excel sheet that is synced with SugarSync to all my devices. Yes it's still 'out there' but anyone that can hack into SugarSync's (or any major companies) servers could hack into anything they wanted (especially your computer) within minutes so it's a moot point.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

That and it costs $$... personally I use a secured (i.e. pass-protected) Excel sheet that is synced with SugarSync to all my devices. Yes it's still 'out there' but anyone that can hack into SugarSync's (or any major companies) servers could hack into anything they wanted (especially your computer) within minutes so it's a moot point.

1 Password is free right now in beta. There is nothing that says you have to use DropBox to sync, at least not if you have a Mac.

Someday it will cost a few dollars and I'll pay for it gladly. I'm telling you guys if you don't want to open your wallets for apps, you're not going to see the good ones.

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
1 Password is free right now in beta. There is nothing that says you have to use DropBox to sync, at least not if you have a Mac.

Someday it will cost a few dollars and I'll pay for it gladly. I'm telling you guys if you don't want to open your wallets for apps, you're not going to see the good ones.

It's $30 for Windows and $40 for MAC (most people want to use the same program on their desktops), sure the Beta is free on Droid for now but then I'm sure it will be the same pricing ($15 for iPOS). As to opening the wallets I have no problem if it provides something I can't get another way (in this case with Office or OpenOffice for free). SugarSync is also free (well 5G) so I have all the convenience of said program and I saved $30.

REMilk

Reaction score
I use KeePassDroid on my Droid. This mates up with "KeePass" for the PC. I use the portable version of KeePass so it resides on a USB device. I keep the datafile on DropBox so that no matter where I am, I have access to my current passwords etc. In addition, I have deselected the option on KeePassDroid so it does not remember the location of the datafile.

I secure it with both a high-secure password, 16 chars, including upper and lower case letters, numbers and special characters, and a file (that must be identified and named).

I understand the potential risk of keeping the data on DropBox, but I feel it is less risky than keeping the info on the phone and losing the phone or having someone pick up the phone and having immediate access to my passwords.

Bob