Pandora stops playing song and moves to next song

Leonard434

Reaction score
I have a free Pandora account on my droid (Incredible 2). Every time I use Pandora and select a station it plays. But EVERY TIME it stops in the middle of the song (about 1 minute in) and moves to the next song. When I look at the screen the new artist/song is pictured. My kids use I-PODs with free accounts and NO PROBLEMS. I don't mind paying for an upgrade, but don't want to pay if that is not the problem. No car hookup, just plug in headphone while walking the dog. Please advise.... very confused and definately annoyed.

nikecar

Reaction score
have you signed out and back in, or uninstall and reinstall?

Alchemist945

Reaction score
It has been doing this for a while I switched to I heart radio its a nice change

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

ABQNM

Reaction score
Do you by chance have an ad blocker? When the in-music ads play, it skips the rest of the song. If you have an ad-blocker, it will still trigger the audio ad but won't play the ad itself. Also since it already goes to the next track at the end of the ad routine (nag method to "encourage" upgrading), it will appear to just skip randomly. Only way around that is upgrade. If no ad blocker, it might be a bug. I have no skips with ads on, just the ad skips. With ads off, it skips when an audio ad is triggered and that's on CM7.

jaelmy

Reaction score
I had the same problem with Pandora, I switched to Slacker.

sloshopgirl

Reaction score
I have this problem and have tried everything. The issue is not with an ad blocker or anything lime that, and upgrading won't fix it because it isn't Pandora, its the phone. I know this because I even tried an alternate version of Pandora and I still got skips on every single song about 30 sec to 90 sec in.

As far as I can tell, it is an issue only when you are using headphones, because when I stream using my onboard speaker, no skipping. There is an app called "headset blocker" that has worked for a lot of people, but I was not one of the lucky ones. I'm still looking for a fix.. if I can't find one I may be looking for a new phone. I listen to Pandora through my headphones far too often to be bothered with this.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

sweeptheleg

Reaction score
I switched the setting to high quality, rebooted and the problem went away.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

smartphonenovice

Reaction score
THANKS TO SWEEPTHELEG! Your suggestion worked. The minute I changed the Audio Quality setting to High the skipping went away. And I have a Droid 2 Global! Hope all who have this problem, no matter what phone you have, see this and try this before messing with resets, uninstalls, etc.

ABQNM

Reaction score
THANKS TO SWEEPTHELEG! Your suggestion worked. The minute I changed the Audio Quality setting to High the skipping went away. And I have a Droid 2 Global! Hope all who have this problem, no matter what phone you have, see this and try this before messing with resets, uninstalls, etc.

Nice. That is one of those settings that I change instinctively so I have never used it on normal quality. Good to know.

Sent from my brain using human to phone transport technology.