Pandora issue - keeps skipping songs

Algae998

Reaction score
I have been running into this issue lately and finally got fed up enough to see if anyone else is having this issue.
I'm using the pandora app on my droid 2 and within the past half hour I've listened to maybe one full length song, pandora skips to the next song on most without me doing anything. Usually right in the middle of my favorite songs!
I've tried both wifi and 3g connections to see if that made a differnce but it doesn't seem to. I also have moderate to good signal strength.

Any ideas? Very annoying, so much I've been using shoutcast radio stations instead.

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Its happened to me also. I came to the conclusion that after all those damn ads were added, that's when Pandora app started having these issues. I miss the old Pandora.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

snipehunter

Reaction score
Its happened to me also. I came to the conclusion that after all those damn ads were added, that's when Pandora app started having these issues. I miss the old Pandora.

Sent from my DROID 3 directly to YOU!

This is also my experience, and my guess at the issue. I came to this forum specifically because I love this app so much, but am so disappointed in where it is going.

It seems several major android apps are adding in more ads (which is fine), but that coincides with them working more poorly or not working at all (which will kill the platform, IMO. It will soon drive me off it). This is the 4th major app I am now seeing this develop with. (At staggered points and on two different Droid-x Configs, so I'm pretty sure it is the apps and not other apps I have installed. I work IT/Support so I have a few ideas of how to tell the difference there).

I had used Pandora regularly on my Droid X for about 6 months. Then it became unstable (noted similar comments from others in the market). So I gave up on it for about 3 months. I left it installed, and checked back every few weeks to see if it improved. Unfortunately it has gotten steadily worse. It is now stopping songs partway through and skipping to another song. It is pausing for 5-15 seconds multiple times per song, at least every other song. And we now have pop-up ads instead of just banner ads (which seem to coincide with when the pausing issue started, probably trying to use location info to feed local/regional ads).

I hope this isn't a sign of the end of the platform, as people try to monetize it but get so greedy in their methods that they consume the phone resources, consume the bandwidth, and degrade the phone experience to the point it isn't worth it.

comk4ver

Reaction score
I actually emailed the developer with alogcat and he sent me suggestions such as uninstalling Pandora, clear data, battery pull, and that custom made roms or being rooted are not supported. Needless to say that I have tried to follow the suggestions to no avail.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Leonard434

Reaction score
Exact same problem w/ droid incredible 2 - Pandora skipping songs

Didn't see your post and just posted another discussion. Having the EXACT same problem. Have free account. Don't want to waste money to upgrade then to find out the problem is the phone. ANNOYING BEYOND BELIEF!