pandora output bluetooth?

wwuster

Reaction score
Is there a way to cause pandora streaming to go to a bluetooth headset? The
'phone' application does, but I would like to get music streaming to do the same.

William

Stigy

Reaction score
If the device you are streaming to supports A2DP then it will automatically stream over Bluetooth if paired and connected.

It works just like this in my car streaming to Pioneer radio. Just pair it with the radio, play Pandora and BOOM right through the speakers.

Let me know if that works for you.

OP
W

wwuster

Reaction score
For example, I have a Motorola H790 earphone / microphone. It is paired and works on phone calls, but if I play slacker radio the audio doesn't go to
bluetooth.

William

Stigy

Reaction score
For example, I have a Motorola H790 earphone / microphone. It is paired and works on phone calls, but if I play slacker radio the audio doesn't go to
bluetooth.

William

Most normal BT headsets do not support A2DP which is the bluetooth profile required for the music to stream to your device.

You would need bluetooth headphones or bluetooth speakers for this to work correctly.

OP
W

wwuster

Reaction score
A lot of times I just listen to talk. I don't care about stereo. There's a basic thing I don't understand. If the phone 'app' can switch the output between the speaker and bluetooth why can't another app do the same thing? Eg, I installed the twit.tv app and would like to listen to podcasts on the same BT earpiece that works for the phone app. Why can't an app switch the output?

William

Lisa W

Reaction score
My phone is now linked to my 2008 Highlander and I can send and receive calls with no problem, hearing everything through the speakers. . However, when I use Pandora I can't get it to play through the speakers, unless I use the AUX output with a cable. Do I need to pair it differently?

OP
W

wwuster

Reaction score
My phone is now linked to my 2008 Highlander and I can send and receive calls with no problem, hearing everything through the speakers. . However, when I use Pandora I can't get it to play through the speakers, unless I use the AUX output with a cable. Do I need to pair it differently?

My headset pairs with my phone and with linux. I can get pandora to play on the headset with linux but not with the droid. Phone calls go to the headset just fine, however.

William

redlightg20

Reaction score

Using your Bluetooth connection for phone calls and streaming music are different. Just like in your situation, my BMW's radio connects to my Droid for phone functions, but will not stream audio to it using Pandora or any other music app.

Although most vehicles nowadays are Bluetooth enabled, they often do not include A2DP, which is a Bluetooth profile that allows for the transfer of high quality audio between two Bluetooth devices. The best way to find out if your car is equipped with this is to research your vehicle's Bluetooth specifications and capabilities and see if it is A2DP capable.

saxmaster45

Reaction score
Microsoft SYNC does support A2DP now. It's in most Ford cars. It's pretty sweet to have wireless bluetooth audio.

Lisa W

Reaction score
@Redlightg20 -
Thanks, I've checked and it doesn't look like my Toyota supports A2DP. Would have to buy an after market for it, which I don't want to do, so will stay with cabling to the Aux input.

email4toni

Reaction score
I have the same bluetooth that I had with my Storm phone. It did not work. Pandora did something to their programming in one of their updates and it worked wonderful. I now have a Droid with the same bluetooth and it does not work. I am waiting for Pandora to update their software.

qoncept

Reaction score
I have the same bluetooth that I had with my Storm phone. It did not work. Pandora did something to their programming in one of their updates and it worked wonderful. I now have a Droid with the same bluetooth and it does not work. I am waiting for Pandora to update their software.
What?

It works. If yours isn't working, Pandora isn't the problem.