pandora issue?

tnronin

Reaction score
Hey I'm running, or trying to run pandora, and while its playing we are good to go, then after a few songs is just goes into "neutral", meaning it quits playing songs. I don't know if it is pausing because when I open the program it starts playing.

I'm running ATK, and juice defender. I'm certain one of those is killing the app. I have told ATK not to kill pandora so we are good there. I suspect juice defender is shutting me down somehow. I have the default settings for the level of control it exerts. TIA.

Mitchell

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
I ended up uninstalling the juice program until I can figure it out. Some of my students helped me out today.

They looked at my atk and I only average between 30-50m available for some reason. Their phones (HTC incredibles) had over 100m available. I don't have alot of ram on the SD card. I think I have a 2gb card in phone. I don't know if the SD card is related to this. Lack of available ram.

We also installed the ADWlauncher and wow, neat program! The droid is definately faster now!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
First of all, get rid of ATK, it's not necessary. IF you do want to keep it, make sure you at least turn autokill off.

SD is not related to the speed of the device, and your Droid 1 should've came with a 16gb card. I recommend you get Astro or any type of file manager to access your SD card easier without a computer.

As for your pandora issue, when it stops and when you wake the screen up do you notice the 3g icon there? It might be Pandora itself, try another internet radio app such as Slacker and see if the problem occurs there.

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I bought this Droid used from a buddy for $100 so I wasn't going to be picky about the card. Killing the juicer fixed the issue with Pandora for now. I want to use juicer as it will hopefully lengthen life of the battery. But that remains to be seen.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Thanks for the feedback. I bought this Droid used from a buddy for $100 so I wasn't going to be picky about the card. Killing the juicer fixed the issue with Pandora for now. I want to use juicer as it will hopefully lengthen life of the battery. But that remains to be seen.

I'm guessing Juicer has your 3g to be turned off when the screen is off, which leads to your Pandora being stopped.

Guess you turn off Juicer when using it as your music player.

G

guest999

I had this issue and it drove me crazy. My problem was I had 3g turned off and was using wifi. The wifi was turning off when the screen shut off leaving me with no connection.

If that's your scenerio, you can change the wifi sleep policy. settings>wireless and networks>wifi settings>MENU BUTTON>advanced>wifi sleep policy. Set it to never turn off.

I read about that weird menu here, but can't remember the thread or who posted it so many thanks if it was you.

OP
tnronin

tnronin

Reaction score
I reinstalled juice defender and we appear to be ok for the moment. I dunno what I did to fix it. I'm slowly learning as I go. Man my eyes need help.