Pandora, Bluetooth headphones, rebooting....

lazarus2297

Reaction score
ok so i have been having some wierd issues with my Tbolt and i was wondering if it was just me so i thought i would ask here...
I use a Blue ant T1 bluetooth headset which supports advanced bluetooth, so i can listen to pandora via my headset and i like it that way so I don't have both ears covered while I am working.. it seems as though after sometime of constant listening my phone will randomly reboot.. so i bought another headset to see if it was the Blue ant and I had the same issues.. I know it's kinda a special situation and I won't have that many people that use their phones in the way i do, but the rebooting is getting kinda old so i figured this was the best place to post my dilema....

geoff5093

Reaction score
Is your TB stock, or are you rooted or running a custom ROM? When using certain ROM's I've had random reboots occur all the time.

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
I had similar issues with my DX / pandora and blue ant V1 ...I use slacker now and no issues lately...
Its my impression, the issue is pandora based.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

cc16177

Reaction score
I have the Thunderbolt and my phone will not stream Pandora to my car via bluetooth, I'm not sure if this is a related issue... My droid X works fine and my girlfriends Droid Pro works fine but for whatever reason even though my Thunderbolt says "Connected to phone media/audio" it will not stream Pandora to the car...

OP
L

lazarus2297

Reaction score
I have the Thunderbolt and my phone will not stream Pandora to my car via bluetooth, I'm not sure if this is a related issue... My droid X works fine and my girlfriends Droid Pro works fine but for whatever reason even though my Thunderbolt says "Connected to phone media/audio" it will not stream Pandora to the car...

Will it steam other "media" like mp3's or youtube

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

nyteshayd

Reaction score
Been having a kind of similar issue with my Scala Rider G4 bluetooth headset for my motorcycle. I would stream my music library from my OG droid and had absolutely no issues. Since I picked up the TB (Rooted, but stock rom w/radio update) it seems like the bluetooth cuts out. The song will be playing fine then...silence...then the song picks up again but the song has advanced as though the music was playing the entire time. Went back to my OG droid and no issues. Back to TB and same problem. I was running setCPU to cut speed during screen off and found that by turning that off, the problem happened much less often but still happens. Curious to see what pans out from this.

dav1_1

Reaction score
I'm having a very similar issue as nyteshayd. I just purchased a Samsung Droid (completely stock SCH-I510), and when listening to music over bluetooth headset the music cuts out occassionally. It started as about 1 second every minute, but has increased in frequency. Doesn't seem to matter if I'm listening to Pandora or local mp3 files, both behave the same way. Music keeps playing, just can't hear it for a second when the headphones cut out. Rebooting sometimes helps, and the music will play fine over headphones for a while, then it begins cutting out again. Sometimes rebooting has no effect. These headphones work perfectly with my other phone and computer. I've tried using wired earbuds a couple of times, and so far haven't noticed an issue with them, so seems it's related to bluetooth on the phone.

dav1_1

Reaction score
I have a little more information on this that will hopefully help others out. I found that if WiFi is turned on but not connected, the BT headphones will cut out more frequently. If WiFi is on and connected, the headphones will cut out about 1 second each minute. If I turn WiFi off on the phone, then the headphones do not cut out at all.
Appears there is some conflict between WiFi and Bluetooth on my phone.
Turning off WiFi is a work around until a future update corrects this.
Hope this helps someone else.