Panda home Instructions

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Does anyone have a link to instructions for PandaHome.
I usually can pick things up but I must be missing it here.

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
I figured one thing out.. If you go to Setting -> add and hit Home Assistant a lot of the items same coming soon. If you click on whats new.. it give you some information

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Panda Home Lastest Version

Does anyone know what the latest version of Panda Home is?
I have the Beta .997

Also anyone know how to make it my default Or in that same light make any app the default over the installed apps?

Thanks

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
newest is .998...

use the default theme by hitting your menu key then choosing Theme settings and check default theme..

default theme will give you your default widgets instead of those pixelated ones

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
I had that choice at one time between Panda Home and Home..but somehow I checked make it default and I selected Home at the time. I want to change the default to Panda Home

bamfsig45

Reaction score
settings/application/manage applications/home/clear defaults.

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
Is the application that starts called Home when I hit the home button called Home.? i see panda home and no defaults are set and I don't have a "Home" App

Solved this I had to change my Filter to show All

Thank You all for your help!

Last edited:

gatewayad

Reaction score
newest is .998...

use the default theme by hitting your menu key then choosing Theme settings and check default theme..

default theme will give you your default widgets instead of those pixelated ones

Did not realize you could get the default shortcuts and widgets bu using the default theme, thought that would take me back to the factory... Great tip thank you.

One tip I found helpful was putting the PandaHome Toggle Widget on a screen, it it pretty helpful with adding extra screens, settings, rotation and so forth.

Audiophobe

Reaction score
I have tried to figure out this app. I get the "beta" or "stable" version. I go to beta and get a google search. I've clicked on those several times and am forwarded to a page that show apparant downloads that have repeated. I have tried the stable version as well. I followed some of the directions above. I just can't figure it out and I don't at all found it intuitive. I uninstalled it yet again in frustration.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I have tried to figure out this app. I get the "beta" or "stable" version. I go to beta and get a google search. I've clicked on those several times and am forwarded to a page that show apparant downloads that have repeated. I have tried the stable version as well. I followed some of the directions above. I just can't figure it out and I don't at all found it intuitive. I uninstalled it yet again in frustration.
download the very first one which is .998 beta.....

don't use the stable one it's an older build .998 is current...

I've been running it for a couple days and it's great.

ronjr123

Reaction score
What are the pullout panes on each side of the screen for and do I use them?

OP
M

mrpbjnance

Reaction score
They are called Dock Bars. You can turn them off from the Home Assistant menu.

I like them because I put the frequently used apps on them (phone, gmail etc) and they end up on every screen when you open them up.
If you don't want them you can turn them all off. I have 1 on on each side.
You can also configure there size also.