Palm Users Who Changed to Droid?

slorandy

Reaction score
Thanks, I can tell this will be fun with the new speed of this phone and beautiful display. Any suggestions about where to look for getting my calendar from Datebk into something on the Droid?

cinque

Reaction score
I have been using the droid for 2+ weeks and I have to say I have been trying to find execuses to return it but so far I have nothing… very happy about this purchase! But I wanted to list out a few things that I miss and fellow palm users will get a laugh, here we go:

Things I miss about my palm 755/650
1. The ability to group contacts
2. The ability to easily group applications
3. The way palm os allowed for contact search e.g. I rcan search john smith by clicking js or sj or jos or which every way you want on the keyboard
4. Full phone backup on PC
5. Putting a bday in a contact and having it automatically added to your calendar with a 7 days reminder
6. Simple UI with basically no menus
7. Raise buttons for the qwerty

Milehighjc

Reaction score
Things I miss about my palm 755/650

3. The way palm os allowed for contact search e.g. I rcan search john smith by clicking js or sj or jos or which every way you want on the keyboard
4. Full phone backup on PC

^ These... Oh well, Im sure I will get over it :icon_ devil:

jc

adjdro

Reaction score
I used a Treo for years and was thinking of switching to the Palm Pre, but I didn't want to switch carriers. The Droid is a great replacement for the Treo. I got all contact info and was able to link up to my office e-mail within minutes. I'm still getting use to the touch of the screen. The only adjustment for me is the on screen keyboard. It's a little to sensitive for me. The other keyboard works great. I love that there are tons of apps available and some good ones are free.

eskanday

Reaction score
moving memos from Palm to Droid.

I was able to move my contacts and calendar easily from Palm Centro to google and my Droid. However, I could not figure out a way to move my memos on my palm. i tried different apps including the gdoc and I tried to move my memos on google document but it would not move to my palm.
Any of you was able to move the memos from Palm to Droid? how?
thanks

OP
lowtech

lowtech

Reaction score
I was able to move my contacts and calendar easily from Palm Centro to google and my Droid. However, I could not figure out a way to move my memos on my palm. i tried different apps including the gdoc and I tried to move my memos on google document but it would not move to my palm.
thanks

If only...! Hopefully someone will reply to this!

redwood

Reaction score
I actually was on an Samsung Omnia between my Centro and my Droid, so I synced my Centro to Outlook, then to the Omnia. After that I used csv export from Outlook, and then imported that with OI notes....kludgey but successful.

Note: I have since moved to AK notebook on the Droid, but it seems to have import/export as well...haven't tried it.

bernilynn

Reaction score
thanks

If only...! Hopefully someone will reply to this!
It took me a while, but I was able to get my memos onto Google Documents. I had them on my computer already (I used the Missing Sync, so they were in "Notes". I copied and pasted them into a Google Document. Then I synced that to Google Docs on my Droid.
Hope this helps.
Berni

eskanday

Reaction score
did you copy and paste them one note at a time or all in one documents on google documents?
How did u move them to droid? what app did u use and how did u do it? can u back them up now after moved to droid?
Thanks

bernilynn

Reaction score
I pasted them all into one document that I called "Memos". Then I used the app "GDocs Notepad With Sync" from Android Marketplace. Once you open the program on your Droid, you can press the menu button, and an option to sync comes up. This will then transfer the document to your Droid. You can edit it from either place. A bit clunky, but definitely workable.

Motosmokeater

Reaction score
Treo 750P, 755P, Droid, I/Phone, back to Droid........
My 4th 755P started to crash. Decide to change. Went with Droid. No sync with my work Novell Groupwise email and calendar which is critical. Went to I/phone. Sync, but HORRIBLE cell service. Back to the Droid. Trying to figure out whether to keep or buy a new 755P on EBAY. Can we tether the Droid yet? Last thing, someone else mentioned. My contacts on my Treo allowed me to enter birthdays and weddng ann. It then merged into the calendar. So simple and cool. Wahhhhh...why wont the Droid do this. Okay one more thing, wanted a keyboard. A little disappointed. Big fingers dont work well. :)

Milehighjc

Reaction score
RE: Tether - PDANet is available (which I used on 755P). Havent set it up yet on droid, but my experience with June Fabrics is good enough that Im pretty confident. Will be setting it up in about a week (right before I travel again) so that I get the most out of the trial period.

jc