Overclocking

ksalce

Reaction score
Just flashed the kernel and everything worked perfectly :). That is unbelievable that you can overclock it to 2000 MHz.....I got it right now at around 1200 and its running very smooth and fast. Thank you for all your help I greatly appreciate it.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using DroidForums

ABQNM

Reaction score
I love the Tiamat 1.1.2 kernel on MIUI. It is not quite as stable as the CM7 kernel when overclocked past about 1300, but it is the only AOSP kernel that has the same earpiece and speaker phone volume as stock. For some reason the MIUI and CM7 kernels are too quiet. I personally don't overclock as I find that the phone doesn't lag anywhere for me anyway, so I don't see the need. Plus 30-70+ hours per charge is great.

nitric

Reaction score
Was wondering if anyone found out away around the boot loader so we can overclock.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

dubsx

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
no problem...I'm IC'd at 1200mhz and it sets on boot. just be careful when playing around with frequencies...most bionics are going to be stable in the 1200-1250mhz range. I bootlooped trying 1300

jayrod718

Reaction score
They mention having zip files for flashing to do this, and they say they can roll back using a zip flash file. How does that work, I couldn't find clear instructions? I am forever rooted on 901.

Llawen

Reaction score
Overclocked at 1.2 and very stable. From what I understand, the RAZR and bionic have identical cpu's, RAZR is overclocked. That's why they can't go much higher. 1.2 is safe for bionic

Bionic kinetic w/hneysc3m. Oc'ed 1.2, 5.5.893. Tweaked out

jayrod718

Reaction score
I'm wanting to do this but I want to be able to change back to no overclock without wiping back to stock. Also the link says it don't work on stock 901.

Llawen

Reaction score
I have to reset it after every boot. System xbin click 1200. and it resets. You can turn it off easily. I forgot where I got zip from. It is easy to do. Deffinatly see a big change.

jayrod718

Reaction score
What did you use to get the 1200 file in that directory?

Llawen

Reaction score
You find file on sd card by using root explorer, unzip it, then click menu, and click multiselect that allows you to click 1000 1100 1200. Then click move. Go back to system, under system find xbin, then hit paste. I'm sorry I don't remember where I got zip from. After that install setcpu, I leave max at full min at300 you can set both at max but then you are running 1200 all day. Go back to system, xbin, click 1200 and select Linux script handler, click execute.

jayrod718

Reaction score
Dang, i'm curious where you got the files, the zip in the previous link on here gets an error UN zipping.