Dinc_User

Reaction score
anywhere to get the hydra kernal now? site is down, and has been for a while

rlacrossjr

Reaction score

MattHenson20

Reaction score
Hydra has been down for some time now. Not sure if your running gingerbread/froyo with/without sense. Try incredikernel he has new 2.6.38.8 for gingerbread and older releases. stable at 1113max and smartass clocks down Screen off 128/384 without any setcpu.

[KERNEL] 2.6.38.8-incredikernel-07/06/11 - xda-developers

Will those kernels work on an incredible running 2.2 with a 2.15.00.07.28 radio?

rlacrossjr

Reaction score
Hydra has been down for some time now. Not sure if your running gingerbread/froyo with/without sense. Try incredikernel he has new 2.6.38.8 for gingerbread and older releases. stable at 1113max and smartass clocks down Screen off 128/384 without any setcpu.

[KERNEL] 2.6.38.8-incredikernel-07/06/11 - xda-developers

Will those kernels work on an incredible running 2.2 with a 2.15.00.07.28 radio?
radio does not matter but no 070611 release is only 2.3+(gingerbread) here is incredikernels list of kernels that have froyo and froyo sense. They have the same max and screen off setup. Latest Downloads | Incredikernel
Also has a zip for fast charge and fix for gingerbread sdspeed mount.

MattHenson20

Reaction score
Thanks RLA, coming over from the Moto Droid world to HTC land is def a different experience, this radio kernel mess is confusing, thanks for your help!

rlacrossjr

Reaction score
Also here are some good links for radio if you want to update:
Inc. Radios | doug piston
Also at CM7 Rom [REQUEST] Best Radio(Baseband Version)???? - CyanogenMod Forum

I'm running the official EVO gingerbread radio 2.15.00.05.02 works the best for me and loved CM7 for 6 months but now MIUI.us and loving the customization without running zips. can change bootanimation and skins its crazy. link for miui [ROM] HTC Droid Incredible ADR6300 MIUI.us Presents MIUI 1.7.8 Pure English [AOSP] - xda-developers

rlacrossjr

Reaction score
Oh, once I download it, how do you install? Is it like any other standard Zip file through Clockwork?
can use rom manager or just reboot into recovery and install from card, if you downloaded by browser it should be in download folder. chads wipes cache and and dalvik cache for you so rom manager should be safe if you don't want to reboot into recovery.

rlacrossjr

Reaction score
Another kernel you can try is Tiamat.. [Kernel][AOSP] Tiamat 4.0.5 | 2.6.38.8 | 6/6/11 - xda-developers

It works for gingerbread not sure on froyo? they state works for all AOSP but not sense. Tiamat I was stable at overclocking at 1190max but 1150 seemed smoother. I like the longer battery life so I stick with chads incredikernel but if your looking for overclocking Tiamat you can go higher. For me its incredikernel vs. Tiamat, you will here lots of people talking about these two. Chads incredikernel is only for the HTC Incredible so I believe its a better quality kernel, were Tiamat is for 4 different devices.