overclocking and changing rom questions

todiefor111

Reaction score
First i am now rooted and running cm6 rom and like it alot but intrested in other roms to try..So my question is how do i change roms on my droid and save the rom i have now i use rsdlite to root.So just wanna no how to switch roms and which roms i should check out..also wanna no what overclocking is and how do you do it..any help would be great thanks..

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Several ways to do it. I use ROM Manager and create backups with it as well as download/load new ROM's.

For overclocking you'd need a new kernel. Again, several ways to do it. I use ROM Manager as well.

which roms i should check out..
Your call to make.

Don't forget that there are subforums specifically for mods, ROM's, hacking etc. Threads tend to drown in General Discussion unless they're very active.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
link 2 in my sig will help you understand more. actually all of the links will help you understand what ur doing with your phone

turdbogls

Reaction score
I use rom Manager and Clockwork recovery, so i cant really help you out with installing new stuff.

a kernal installs just like a ROM does.

i have tried pretty much everything out there ROM wise. CM6, BB v.04, sapphire, and some others, i am currently on Ultimate droid 8...and i have to say, it is awesome. running with the black and bold theme and it is everything i could want with a ROM. i will most likely be sticking with UD from now on.