outlook/office/forwarding attachments in email

jimaymay

Reaction score
I am looking for an app or apps that can do all of these tasks:

receive outlook email and forward attachments, and save attachments from email to phone.(this is not exchange, POP3 email and not gmail. Standard domain email)

open office documents from email. (i think i found and app that should do the opening office documents and pdf files in quickoffice)

also need to be able to sync all info from outlook 2007 to the phone and from the phone. This includes calendar.

A friend recommended Touchdown, but that only seems to work with exchange email. Got email to sync currently, but wont forward or save attachments. It only gives option to open the word document, so i click open and it says fetching app and then does nothing.

If it takes 3 apps to do this, that is fine. Just need whatever apps are needed to do all of this. Worked on old windows mobile 5.0 phone pretty easily, and people with exchange email seem to be able to do this easily. POP3 email shouldn't be that difficult.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's not really a matter of Exchange versus POP. Mostly what you're looking for is an email app that does what you need. I can't really help as I only use an Exchange account (with Touchdown). As far as email is concerned, Outlook is irrelevant as it's not involved at all with getting email to your device. FYI, POP accounts can't sync -- it's a limitation of the POP protocol.

There are a number of threads on Outlook sync as well as Home | syncdroid.net - because Androids need a good Outlook sync that you can refer to.

OP
J

jimaymay

Reaction score
It's not really a matter of Exchange versus POP. Mostly what you're looking for is an email app that does what you need. I can't really help as I only use an Exchange account (with Touchdown). As far as email is concerned, Outlook is irrelevant as it's not involved at all with getting email to your device. FYI, POP accounts can't sync -- it's a limitation of the POP protocol.

There are a number of threads on Outlook sync as well as Home | syncdroid.net - because Androids need a good Outlook sync that you can refer to.

well i can sync outlook with pop3 email on a non smart phone, windows mobile phone, and iphone. I am only having problem with this 1 phone. I am not asking for over the air sync. Just PC to phone and Phone to PC via usb cable.(maybe i forgot that usb cable part) still want to get email on phone and PC. I am hosting the site on dreamhost wich offers a google app for the PC end to set up server. The only downside is... i have to set everything up again. Not worth it, since i can get another phone and do the same thing. Kinda messed up that a windows mobile 5.0 phone can do it but not a droid.

Maybe i didnt get the best person to reply or they didnt understand. I want to sync emails from outlook to and from phone/PC along with calender. I also want to be able to save attachments from emails to phone and also forward them to other people.

The phone is a Sanyo ZIO android 2.1, maybe that helps since not all apps work on this phone.

Last edited:

harrellj

Reaction score
Nope, takeshi steered you right. Droids are Google phones and so Google has them set up to sync to the "cloud" by default. If you synchronize to Gmail, it'll sync down to the phone and hey, redundant backups + no attaching to the computer to make one change).

As for saving attachments, trt k9.
Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?

PARick

Reaction score
Touchdown. No other email app comes close if you want your exchange functions.

OP
J

jimaymay

Reaction score
Nope, takeshi steered you right. Droids are Google phones and so Google has them set up to sync to the "cloud" by default. If you synchronize to Gmail, it'll sync down to the phone and hey, redundant backups + no attaching to the computer to make one change).

As for saving attachments, trt k9.
Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?
like i said, i need to forward attachments. Tried it the google way, and it will forward the email, but not the attachments. I sent an email to phone with resume attached that was a word .doc file. I wanted to send it to another person and save to phone. Neither of these options exist by default. So the google cloud doesnt work guys. Again.... what apps do i need to do this?

This google stuff doesnt work like you guys say. Please read my first post for a heads up. I know how to check email and ok maybe i dont need the usb PC sync, but would like the option for other stuff.