Outlook e-mail issue, but not sure it's the same as everyone else's

MSW1

Reaction score
I've searched a bit and see that some folks are having a problem with Outlook e-mails (not saving sent mails to handset, scrambling headers and bodies of e-mails, etc.). However, today I encountered a slightly different problem.

I've had Outlook syncing my work e-mail for three and a half months without a hitch. Literally never a problem. However, today, when I tried to open an e-mail, I got:

"Sorry!

The application Email (process com.android.email) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again.

Foreclose"

The weird thing is that it continues to pull e-mails from the server, reflect them appropriately as read or unread, etc. Also, my calendar and contacts continue to sync as well, and I can open those items without a problem. The only thing I can't do is read one of my e-mails. I've checked that my name/password/etc. are correct, but then again, if they weren't, I doubt it would be pulling new e-mails and syncing calendar and contacts.

Any ideas? Thanks!

MSW

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I would do two things. 1) Reboot the phone and see if that helps. 2) If you are not using K-9 for your emails, check it out. It's a lot better than the native app.

Good luck. You'll probably have someone that is familiar with your problem post up either later tonight or tomorrow.

OP
M

MSW1

Reaction score
Thanks Bayou. I did try a reset (the battery removal kind), but no luck. I wonder if doing a factory data reset will do it. I have to make sure I've backed everything up, though.

I'll also check K-9 out.

Thanks again.

MSW

wfholcom

Reaction score
After installing K-9, what do I do with the stock email application and I would like for a click on the task bar notification takes me to K-9.

Thanks!!

I would do two things. 1) Reboot the phone and see if that helps. 2) If you are not using K-9 for your emails, check it out. It's a lot better than the native app.

Good luck. You'll probably have someone that is familiar with your problem post up either later tonight or tomorrow.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
After installing K-9, what do I do with the stock email application and I would like for a click on the task bar notification takes me to K-9.

Thanks!!

All I did was:

1. In the native email program I set the Email Check Frequency to Never.
2. Move the native email icon to the trash (long press and then while holding, move finger to bottom center of screen (trash can will appear). Turn icon loose.
3. Add K-9 icon to screen (long press an empty space on your screen, Select Add Shortcut/Applications/K-9.
4. In the K-9 program: menu/more/New Mail Notifications

Done.

wfholcom

Reaction score
Thanks!

I'll set that up today!:)

Thanks!!

All I did was:

1. In the native email program I set the Email Check Frequency to Never.
2. Move the native email icon to the trash (long press and then while holding, move finger to bottom center of screen (trash can will appear). Turn icon loose.
3. Add K-9 icon to screen (long press an empty space on your screen, Select Add Shortcut/Applications/K-9.
4. In the K-9 program: menu/more/New Mail Notifications

Done.