Removed Road Runner E-mail Sync Now can't get E-mail in Outlook Express

KCHusker

Reaction score
I first would like to say I've learned more about my phone from this site than I would have ever learned on my own so I'm hoping someone out there can help. I've had my Droid only a month now but two weeks ago I sync'd it to my RoadRunner e-mail account successfully and started receiving e-mails. This is our home account and to many e-mails were coming in so I removed this e-mail sync from the phone, and deleted the account setup but now I can't receive RR e-mail on my home PC with my Outlook Express. I can send e-mail through OE and view new ones via RR Webmail but cannot get e-mails to come into the PC. Called RR customer support and verified my inbound and outbound setup was correct and they referred me to Microsoft. The rep told me the sync created a folder or file on my local PC that needed removed before it would work again but I'm not sure I believe that so I was just wandering if anyone else has experience this issue and might have some suggestions. Thanks!.

Last edited:

Switchback

Reaction score
Does your webmail have all of your email on it? If so then I would try removing all the settings completely out of OE and readding the account.

if you still get an error it is possible something in OE was corrupted. I see it all the time.

In no way should you removing your account on your droid affect your PC.

OP
KCHusker

KCHusker

Reaction score
My webmail is receiving new received e-mail.

I did re-add the settings to OE with a RR Customer Support rep and no change. I'm not getting an error message in OE when I do a send/receive so it's hard to pinpoint what's actually happening. How OE sends an e-mail but can't receive new is the mystery. Thanks for the response.