outlook 2003 configuring droid to sync e-mail

babababe

Reaction score
OMG this drove me nuts! Calendar and Contacts synced perfectly with Google, but my e-mail would appear on the phone and then disappear for no apparent reason! After hitting my head against the wall for the weekend, ready to return this gorgeous phone, I finally figured it out!
Here is the fix!:
You HAVE to sync all of your mail through gmail, and the setup is easy! After you set up your email accounts in gmail, go to settings in your gmail account:
1. Enable IMAP in gmail and findthe google instructions for IMAP!!!
2. go to your outlook on your computer and follow the google instructions to set up a new e-mail account that is IMAP
Works perfectly!!!!! I have had all my emails all day! Yes I am keeping this phone!

bnickel

Reaction score
Connecting to WIN 2003 Exchange Server

OMG this drove me nuts! Calendar and Contacts synced perfectly with Google, but my e-mail would appear on the phone and then disappear for no apparent reason! After hitting my head against the wall for the weekend, ready to return this gorgeous phone, I finally figured it out!
Here is the fix!:
You HAVE to sync all of your mail through gmail, and the setup is easy! After you set up your email accounts in gmail, go to settings in your gmail account:
1. Enable IMAP in gmail and findthe google instructions for IMAP!!!
2. go to your outlook on your computer and follow the google instructions to set up a new e-mail account that is IMAP
Works perfectly!!!!! I have had all my emails all day! Yes I am keeping this phone!

How did you connect to your server? I can't get the phone to accept the security certificate.

rkcoll1

Reaction score
I didn't have any trouble syncing my exchange server to my droid. As far as a security certificate I am not sure what you need to do there. I set the echange server up just like I did on my Q9c and viola there were my contacts calendarb and emails.

jwhizzy

Reaction score
The Droid will only except cert files in .p12 format. In order for Exchange syncronization to take place with the built-in email app on the Droid, many Exchange environments require SSL certificate files on the device and the Droid is not cooperative in this regard. Any ideas?