Out of control camera

Vandel

Reaction score
Hey I have driod 1, its rooted running ultimate driod with slayer 1.2 ghz kernal. overclocking to 1.0 ghz. my camera has a mind of its own all of a sudden. it turns on randomly and starts taking pictures. anyone else have this problem and if so has anyone herd of a fix??? thanks

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
It's a known issue and a fix is in the works -

BTW - :welcome:

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Turn the options in the camera to auto focus not continuous. That will fix your problem

Sent from my Droid

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks C/K - gave it a whirl and it worked like a charm

OP
V

Vandel

Reaction score
Thanks ill give it a try... !

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I believe that's where BD got the camera for 2.1

That's a pretty cross-ROM issue right now. I know CyanogenMod was having the issue for several of its nightly builds.

DroidForums junkie!

OP
V

Vandel

Reaction score
thanks. i h ad some issues with it still after i changed the settings. i ultimatle just resinstalled rom and drivers . been running it for 48 hours + no problems. must have been a bug.

OP
V

Vandel

Reaction score
well the crazy camera is back... ive tried two different roms. cyanogen and UD...also changing settings from continious to auto doesnt work for me.. its still jsut as bad if i do that. this is getting to be very frusturating.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's beginning to sound like you have a faulty camera. Try making a nandroid and flashing a stock rooted Rom, take a few pictures and see if it continues.

OP
V

Vandel

Reaction score
its a brand new phone i just got from warrenty havent tried to take any pictures but ill give that a try. it mainly happens when i pull up any app it just activates the camera. or right in the middle of sending a txt message. it will just turn on, flash and take a pic of my hand holding the phone.

OP
V

Vandel

Reaction score
factory reset with rooted and using rom or just unroot and use for a day?.. thanks for help i appreciate all the work