otterbox now in stock

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
thanks ! Called Otterbox and they are sitting the colored commuter series from customs but the defender series is in stock :)

I wonder why Otterbox hasn't been able to get them yet, but Amazon and other retailers have.

kgula

Reaction score
According to otterbox's website the defender is available in all their colors. Sorry I have not checked the others. I ordered mine through amazon. I would rather not pay full price for anything if I can help it

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
kgula said:
According to otterbox's website the defender is available in all their colors. Sorry I have not checked the others. I ordered mine through amazon. I would rather not pay full price for anything if I can help it

I agree! Just got an email from Otterbox... the commuter is in Stock. now

menudo18

Reaction score
Just picked up my blue and green defender and really like this case. It is a little thicker but I'm not worried about damaging my phone. My first one was scratched when my first case exploded after I dropped my phone. It was replaced because of dust in the camera lens. Now I'm not worried about scratching this one. I have the incipio double cover and it's a great thin case offers a lot of protection for around town.

Last edited:

Valvoline

Reaction score
i had my otterbox commuter case before i had my S3! Although the screen protector is impossible to get on without bubbles, i know for certain my phone is absolutely protected. the otterbox two-part shell design is awesome.

But,.....this case is to slick and bulky for me. I'm getting rid of it. i cannot hold it comfortably and use the screen with one hand. When holding it in my right hand, i use my pinky to support it on the bottom to hold it up. where it lands is a hard slick part of the case and just no good grip there. from that position i can also not reach the top left corner with my thumb. trying to reach it will cause me to tilt the phone and the screen will rotate.

Like i said, the case is by far one of the best i've seen, but it's just not working for me. Anyone have any suggestions as to which i should try next?

Last edited by a moderator:

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Valvoline said:
i had my otterbox commuter case before i had my S3! Although the screen protector is impossible to get on without bubbles, i know for certain my phone is absolutely protected. the otterbox two-part shell design is awesome.

But,.....this case is to slick and bulky for me. I'm getting rid of it. i cannot hold it comfortably and use the screen with one hand. When holding it in my right hand, i use my pinky to support it on the bottom to hold it up. where it lands is a hard slick part of the case and just no good grip there. from that position i can also not reach the top left corner with my thumb. trying to reach it will cause me to tilt the phone and the screen will rotate.

Like i said, the case is by far one of the best i've seen, but it's just not working for me. Anyone have any suggestions as to which i should try next?

I'm the same but I think the few times I need the upper left I can live with... there is no other case that has the same minimal bulk for the same protection that would provide a better fit, and incipio is a lesser version of the same. Should lifeproof make one I'd change til then it's the commuter for me :cool:

TonySomerset

Reaction score
Waited until it came back in stock then placed an order direct for a Otterbox Defender case for my Razr Maxx HD. As I take it out into the countryside needed stout protection never mind about slimming. The case supplied direct from Otterbox was total rubbish. None of the case outlets aligned with those on the phone. Customer Services went out of their way to evade taking responsibility. Unless you are absolutely sure the case suits and fits you phone avoid like the plague.
View attachment 58904View attachment 58905View attachment 58906
:angry:

Mailboxes

Reaction score
If you already have the otterbox commuter, is there any way of buying different outer shells? I'd be interested in getting a shell with some sick designs on them. Has anyone come across any?