OTA with CWM on Boot installed

BobC43

Reaction score
Has anyone installed the OTA that has the CWM on Boot installed. If so, how did you do it? I know I can use an OTA root keeper and remove root before doing the OTA, but I am concerned about the CWM on boot being a problem.

akiles

Reaction score
As long as you keep /system/ intact, cwm *should* not be a problem. I don't think you need to unroot to receive/install the update either. Check out the OTA thread on the hacks section.

Some of us are having issues with that particular update file because we (or at least I) modified some stuff.

Einsteindks

Reaction score
CWM on boot seems to have survived the update well enough. Update only barfed when it didn't find a number of codex files.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

OP
BobC43

BobC43

Reaction score
I too completed the update. I used Voodoo Rootkeeper and all we well.

jcho123

Reaction score
anyone try to replace the "preinstall" folder with the stock unrooted preinstall folder before trying to flash the ota update?

Last edited:
OP
BobC43

BobC43

Reaction score
No, I did not need to fool with the preinstall folder as mine was intact.

jcho123

Reaction score
I only uninstalled one app on accident (Lets Play Golf 2 HD) and I couldn't apply the OTA update. I was reading on another forum about how the OTA update checks your "preinstall" folder before the install. So there was a way to replace your "preinstall" folder with an unmodified one, but since this is such a new thing I'm not 100% sure. Can somebody can chime in on this if they know any other information.

Last edited:

akiles

Reaction score
Go to the OTA thread and read all 11 pages -many people had issues and there are some solutions there. The skinny: get the files that you need and move them to your razr, make sure the permissions match and you may get it to work.