OTA Update on Rooted Thunderbolt

Reaction score
Verizon shoved out an Update in October. My phone was rooted but I had a stock rom. Luckily, the phone didn't brick and I've been able to use it. However, all root required programs tell me that my phone is no longer rooted, and when I attempt to root it, the revolutionary root application tells me my phone has s-off. In the boot space, my top banner reads: MECHA XD ENG S-OFF; HBOOT 1.04.2000 PG051000. It was rooted back in late July, early august. I do not recall the software I used at the time.

My main questions are:

From the information provided, can you tell which root software I used?
Can I unroot it?
Can I re-root it?
Is there a way to provide more information to make it more clear as to what happened?

ppcjunkie

Reaction score
rerooting your Thunderbolt

The first thing I would try is to do a factory reset via recovery. If this doesn't fix the problem then go to what I have posted below.

I have done it using jcase and team's method posted on android police and on xda. The long method using android debugging and adb will fix your issues. Make sure you use the latest version of adroid debugging and the last updated long root method using adb. If you live in NC I'll gladly help you out doing it.

Hope you get things back right.

Oh another thing, jcase has an unroot method that is simple and works. Its on android police's website as well.

Ppcjunkie

OP
T
Reaction score
While I recognize that in order to get root again I will probably have to wipe my memory, is there anyway to avoid it?

Palazuelosva

Reaction score
Same here they keep shoVing an update up my nose but since I'm rooted it just fails then bricks my phone but a factory reset fixes it every week

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
T
Reaction score
So do you just re root it after the factory reset?

Same here they keep shoVing an update up my nose but since I'm rooted it just fails then bricks my phone but a factory reset fixes it every week

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

OP
T
Reaction score
So I attempted to do a factory reset. However the system automatically boots to the load images and asks if I want to update. I may be pressing something I don't intend to, however, I do not believe I am and I have been unable to change the line before it automatically shifts out. It does not read like the reboot issues I have seen discussed in the past.

So do you just re root it after the factory reset?