OT.. just curios how many of us own MAC computers??

Reaction score
Ya I don't know what people are saying about macs lasting longer than pcs. I have a Dell XPS desktop that I have had for the past 8 years now and its still running better than most new computers. I even just threw Windows 7 on there and it runs great.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

markgam

Reaction score
I am able to think for myself, so I don't use Apple products.

Sent from my TBolt

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I thought this was a thread on who owns Macs not give your whiny little opinions on Macs.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You pay for what you get w/ a Mac. I was using a second hand Mac laptop until it was 10 yrs old. I got a pro last year, love it. It'll last at least 5 years. Any longer than that and it'll have more than paid for itself by not having to replace 2-3 PC equivalents. Plus I can run windows and linux on it all at once.

Sent from my Liquified Galactic Unicorn.

I respectfully disagree. My last laptop a Dell Inspiron E1505 works just fine. It's now 5.5 years old and I just replaced it with a Dell XPS 15. Sure the Inspiron is a little slow now but it was able to play Crysis, on minimum settings. After I bought my new XPS I wiped the HDD, bought a new battery, did a fresh install of Windows, and sold it to my brother. I expect my current laptop to. Last just as long.

Yes I have also messed with Linux. Mostly in. The form of bootable CDs but I also have a program to install an virtually run windows via a USB drive. I usually keep a full fledged version of Ubuntu and DSL on there at all times. ;)

Also out current family computer is about 5 years old and works just fine. The fact that it has Vista is another problem in it self.

While I enjoy OSX I think Macs are over priced for a basic computer although they do tend to have less problems. For a price example My XPS 15 came with a Quad-Core Core i7 processor @2Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz memory, 750GB HDD, 1080p 15.6" Full HD screen, Bluray drive, Nvidia 525 dedicated graphics card with 1GB of memory, backlit keyboard, and a dual band Wifi N card. The new price for the following options was $1200 I got mine as a Refurbished device for $950.

Now a similar priced MacBook PRO would be the basic model 13" MacBook with a 2.4Ghz dual core Core i5 processor, 4GB of 1333Mhz memory, 500GH HDD, Intel. 3000HD graphics, and all the stock extras like Backlit keyboard Wifi extreme network card.

Now for the money I got more of what I wanted Full HD screen, Bluray drive, Quad core processor. But to. Each his own. If I wasn't. A gamer and didn't have a bunch of Bluray then a Mac would have been a great choice. It's all about what you are going to do with the computer and getting the best one to fit your needs.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
I respectfully disagree. My last laptop a Dell Inspiron E1505 works just fine. It's now 5.5 years old and I just replaced it with a Dell XPS 15. Sure the Inspiron is a little slow now but it was able to play Crysis, on minimum settings. After I bought my new XPS I wiped the HDD, bought a new battery, did a fresh install of Windows, and sold it to my brother. I expect my current laptop to. Last just as long.

Yes I have also messed with Linux. Mostly in. The form of bootable CDs but I also have a program to install an virtually run windows via a USB drive. I usually keep a full fledged version of Ubuntu and DSL on there at all times. ;)

Also out current family computer is about 5 years old and works just fine. The fact that it has Vista is another problem in it self.

While I enjoy OSX I think Macs are over priced for a basic computer although they do tend to have less problems. For a price example My XPS 15 came with a Quad-Core Core i7 processor @2Ghz, 8GB DDR3 1333Mhz memory, 750GB HDD, 1080p 15.6" Full HD screen, Bluray drive, Nvidia 525 dedicated graphics card with 1GB of memory, backlit keyboard, and a dual band Wifi N card. The new price for the following options was $1200 I got mine as a Refurbished device for $950.

Now a similar priced MacBook PRO would be the basic model 13" MacBook with a 2.4Ghz dual core Core i5 processor, 4GB of 1333Mhz memory, 500GH HDD, Intel. 3000HD graphics, and all the stock extras like Backlit keyboard Wifi extreme network card.

Now for the money I got more of what I wanted Full HD screen, Bluray drive, Quad core processor. But to. Each his own. If I wasn't. A gamer and didn't have a bunch of Bluray then a Mac would have been a great choice. It's all about what you are going to do with the computer and getting the best one to fit your needs.

Yeah Macs are definitely not a gaming computer. I guess the point is Windows comps, most of the time, require lots of upgrades to keep them running. Maybe some here have had better luck but every PC I have owned requires the OS to be reinstalled or requires me to upgrade components. I don't do anything crazy that would make my comp just break either so the you're doing it wrong group can save that sorry excuse. My Mac mini from 2007 didn't require any maintenance, virus protection or anything of that sort to keep it running. I still have PC's that I can get up and running too but those require far more TLC.

To be or not to be........................wait what was the question? This signature has been Tapatalk approved.

Insidious

Reaction score
While I love Mac's my custom PC is a beast:
Not sure why the picture shows under my signature.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
Rooted, unlocked, and ready to rock!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1328186437037.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1328186437037.jpg
    351.7 KB · Views: 180

N4UPD

Reaction score
I got a great deal on an open box 21" iMac at best buy $800.Love it .Less aggrevating than pc.Boots up faster than ie can open on pc lol.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

debrad0307

Reaction score
No Mac for me. I have a Dell laptop and desktop that I have no issues with.

tappin and talkin on my BIONIC

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Have had a mbp for 2 years. Next to none in build quality.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

CTownDroid

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
iMac and a used Mac book and one seriously struggling PC that will be replaced. Mac carries 95% of the load in our house. Hate to say it, but they just work.

OneTenderRebel

Silver Member
Reaction score
The couple things that did bother me about the newest Macs released, no blu-ray drive options and still using previous USB tech.

Quicksilver7714

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
The couple things that did bother me about the newest Macs released, no blu-ray drive options and still using previous USB tech.

I agree with you on not having a Bluray option. However they did not include USB 3.0 since the thunderbolt port is twice as fast @10Gbps and suppers two I/O channels at that speed.