original texting app problem

needadroid

Reaction score
I have the original texting app that came with the phone and for the past week it is has been saying that I have 2 unread messages even though I opened all the messages that have been sent to me. Has this happened to anyone else? Does anyone know how to fix this?

WindowsHat3r

Reaction score
I have had this same problem many times. To fix it go into settings scroll down till you Apps in the list of settings. Then scroll right till you see "All" apps installed. Scroll down to text messaging app and then click it. Force close it then clear data or cache. That should fix the problem.

WindowsHat3r

OP
needadroid

needadroid

Reaction score
I have had this same problem many times. To fix it go into settings scroll down till you Apps in the list of settings. Then scroll right till you see "All" apps installed. Scroll down to text messaging app and then click it. Force close it then clear data or cache. That should fix the problem.

WindowsHat3r

If I clear data or the cache, will either option delete all of my text messages??

pblakk

Reaction score
Clearing cache only don't think so but clearing Data under app settings I'm betting will delete your texts.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD

OP
needadroid

needadroid

Reaction score
Are there any good texting apps that I should get?????

On a side note, any updates on the original texting app with the phone..mine still shows that I have new messages when I really don't. I've learned that it usually happens when you send or receive messages that require your data but I still don't know how to fix it.

PereDroid

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Turbo 2
Hmm.... Are you sure you haven't missed an unread one far down your list? Believe it or not that is an unusual problem.
No DRAFTS anywhere that you may have started?

As for replacement apps, there's a boatload.
I think the most popular ones are these 4:
GO SMS
CHOMP SMS
HANDCENT
and... um....
There's one more that's super popular that I can't think of offhand.
...thinking....
Pansi! That's it.