Orig Software... Don't want to receive update!!!

spider210

Reaction score
I have a bolt looking to not receive the update I was playing on the phone this morning and bam it starting downloading how do I stop it.

In the mean time I put it in airplane mode to stop the download. How can I keep my bolt orig. No reboot issues or anything. I rejected the other update last week but this one there is no reject. It was forced/pushed.

roccos

Reaction score
I too looked down and the update is happening. I turned my phone off. I don't want it but I think we have no choice.

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
The update does more that fix reboot issues. It is a new radio firmware, fixes gps issues and others. If you plan on taking the gingerbread update when / if it comes out, you will probably have to accept this one first. It's not going to hurt anything. Man up and accept it :)

andrewbee

Reaction score
I too am getting this "firmware update" pushed to my rooted Thunderbolt. I rebooted before it finished to stop it. Has anyone allowed it to install, and if so, did it do any harm?

Thanks

turdbogls

Reaction score
dont allow it to install. if you can, get into the SD card and remove the PG05IMG.zip file on the root of the SD card. i am sure there are ways to block OTA's, but i dont know how to do it. your best bet is to run a custom ROM. i am on CM7 and i am assuming any GB ROM out there will block the OTA from even downloading.

installing the OTA has caused issues for others, i dont think it will brick your phone, but it basically bootloops it until you can get that PG05IMG.zip file off your SD card.

SithDroid2187

Reaction score
What problems has it caused? Every one I've seen says its fixed all their problems.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Larry_ThaGr81

Reaction score
Looks like I may have to install a custom ROM to stop this download.

Sent by my Bolt powered by Thunder

yadig69

Reaction score
The firmware update takes away your free mobile hotspot that comes with the phone, an makes it if you want to use it you will have to pay an extra $30 monthly to use a feature that comes with the high-in phone, an limit it to 2g, now on an unlimited data plan were when your using the free feature that came with your phone is not using any extra unlimited data, i don't see why we should pay more.......