Orange, highlighted icon with scrolling text

kevin1016

Reaction score
Every once in a while, when going back to the home screen, one of my icons will be highlighted in orange (like when you press it) and the text below it will scroll. How does that happen? Can you do this intentionally? Has anyone else seen this?

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
sometimes if you hit the screen twice because of a slight lag it'll highlight one of your icons.

it's happened maybe once or twice, or at least that's how many times i've noticed it.

OP
kevin1016

kevin1016

Reaction score
sometimes if you hit the screen twice because of a slight lag it'll highlight one of your icons.

it's happened maybe once or twice, or at least that's how many times i've noticed it.
What about the scrolling text though? That's a weird function to be "turned on" from a lag.

BlueBus

Reaction score
I started seeing this after installing home++. Happened for about a week and have not seen it since.

OP
kevin1016

kevin1016

Reaction score
Never seen this wish I could help.
Yeah, I got my Droid on release day and I've only seen this happen maybe 4 times. The scrolling text should really be a feature you could enable. It's pretty cool.

OP
kevin1016

kevin1016

Reaction score
I started seeing this after installing home++. Happened for about a week and have not seen it since.
Hmmm. I've never installed home++ so it's probably not related.

DroidJosh

Reaction score
slide open your keyboard and use the dpad to move through the icons and stop on one the doesn't show the full name of the app and it will scroll through it

OP
kevin1016

kevin1016

Reaction score
slide open your keyboard and use the dpad to move through the icons and stop on one the doesn't show the full name of the app and it will scroll through it
That's exactly it. Nice find.