Oppo N1 with Cyanogen Mod 10.2 Will be Available December 24th with Google's Blessing

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oppo-cm-google-cert-phone.png

This news report just goes to show that Google is still focused on supporting the Android community development as much as possible. The Oppo N1 with the CyanogenMod 10.2 will be officially available on December 24th. What's even more impressive is that this version of the device passed all of Google’s CTS and CDD certification programs, giving the device full access to Google’s official apps as well as the Play Store. Because this is basically a commercially sponsored modded phone, Google could have held the device back from official certification, but they didn't.

Oppo hasn't shared the price, but more than likely it will be around $600. This will be a great Christmas Eve launch for some folks. We will let you guys know more of the details as they emerge. Who is intrigued by this device?

Source: Twitter - Oppo

MissionImprobable

Silver Member
Reaction score
The hardware is definitely well done on this devices. Lot of cool UI features on the original that may still be present on the CM version, and back swipe should show up as well. Kind of a big footprint, but a great device overall.

Coulterjosh

Reaction score
The hardware is definitely well done on this devices. Lot of cool UI features on the original that may still be present on the CM version, and back swipe should show up as well. Kind of a big footprint, but a great device overall.

Good point

g_what

Reaction score
*don't hate me for saying this*
I understand this is a 'big deal' because it's CyanogenMod's first official phone, but is it really that unbelievable? Every phone manufacturer tweaks Android (some more than others). Why wouldn't Google allow this if it passed the certification tests? How is this so much different than Samsung's Touchwiz or HTC's Sense?

Big Ry

Reaction score
CM doesn't really update all that quickly anymore, at least not like it did for the OG. And LG is allowing quite a bit of customization in their devices now. I think the only significant difference is that CM is built from the ground up, whereas every other manufacturer just skins vanilla android. Not to mention, it comes rooted.

Tapped from my G2