Opera Mobile 10.1 Beta... Browser Experience Currently Unmatched On Android

qian0818

Reaction score
The software was demoed by Techcrunch, and it was so smooth while scrolling and using pinch to zoom that you would think it came with butter for the grease. Every blog that has watched the video says the experience looks equal or better than what you will get with the iPhone, which as you know, is el-Capitan in that department.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Will give this a try. I've had XScope, Opera and stock browser on my phone but have always used XScope.

I HATE the latest XScope update. I dropped Dolphin HD because I was having problems with it and hated it asking me to clear caches before exiting every time. I might check it out again.

Need to start backing up apps in case I get a d/l of an app I don't like. I REALLY liked my old XScope but now the interface just seems a bit clunky like with Dolphin HD (at least when it first came out).

RolandOG

Reaction score
I've been using Opera Mini, xscope, Skyfire and the default browser. Mini is hands down the fastest of the bunch but not perfect, IMO. I don't like the pinch-to-zoom in Mini, as I can't get in close enough. If Mobile loses that speed advantage then I suspect I'll move to Skyfire for most browsing. I'll give Mobile a chance, though.

jermad14

Reaction score
I've been using Mini for a while as well and I agree with what the others have to say about it not being able to render some pages correctly. Hopefully Opera Mobile will fix that because the browser interface looks so smooth and amazing.

king_43

Reaction score
Just tired opera mini and it seems blazing fast compared to dolphin that im used to and I love the interface.

kdmhongshi

Reaction score
xscope is by far has the best UI, as for performance, they still need to step up their game.