[OPEN] What is YOur Next Device?

KaChow

Reaction score
With this discussion post, please stay on the topic of what your next device will be, this not limited to just smartphones, but instead open to tablets, Google Glass, Chrome Cast, and non-Android devices, or whatever. Also, feel free to discuss the device that currently have with likes and dislikes or none of the above. Again, this is an Open discussion about what we want to get next...

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
I have put much thought into my next device, which as much as I would like to stay with Motorola (brand loyalty), I am not happy with the loss of the SD Card slot. I happen to have a Razr Maxx HD currently and I mentioned somewhere that this device is basically the old Motorola, as I doubt that with the new Motorola devices going forward we ever see an Unlocked Bootloader or Expandable SD card memory. As for next devices, I am leaning towards the Galaxy Note 3, which the specs are incredible and I am waiting to hear confirmation as to whether the N3 will have dual SD card slots, which if I could put 2 64gb cards into an N3, plus have 16-32gb internal storage, I would consider getting rid of my laptop. Just where my mindset is, currently.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well my next "device" coming is a ps4. I might pick up a Chromecast before then, not sure yet.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Well my next "device" coming is a ps4. I might pick up a Chromecast before then, not sure yet.

I pre-ordered 4 PS4's just in time for the Holiday to sell three of them and keep the fourth for free. :icon_ lala:

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I pre-ordered 4 PS4's just in time for the Holiday to sell three of them and keep the fourth for free. :icon_ lala:
I was thinking about doing the same, but that's too big of an initial hit on my wallet. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep it when it gets here or not, but so far all signs are pointing to keeping it

TOMMYBOT

Reaction score
My chrome dongle shipped yesterday.

Next upgrade, my bionic. Going to idk I want a hands on try to compare the s4 to the moto x or ultra or maxx when they come out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
It is a big hit, I bought 3 deluxe ps3's from Costco. Kept one and sold the other 2 a week before Christmas at $700 each. It was so easy. This year I might just sell all 4 and call it a Christmas bonus. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

TheOldFart

Reaction score
Droid Mini. I would rather have a SD slot and replaceable battery, but I'll live without either. I think the RAZR M is the perfect size and the Mini is a big step up from the M. I also like Moto's repair policy. Install new battery for $49, repair broken screen for $100 and repair any drop damage for $159.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
My chrome dongle shipped yesterday.

Next upgrade, my bionic. Going to idk I want a hands on try to compare the s4 to the moto x or ultra or maxx when they come out.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

From everything I've read the Moto X is the same as the Ultra, just a couple hundred $$'s less.

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
From everything I've read the Moto X is the same as the Ultra, just a couple hundred $$'s less.
Iirc, they use different chipsets and gpus, along with a difference in memory/ram. They are definitely similar in looks, but hardware wise I believe they are quite different, hence the price difference.

OP
K

KaChow

Reaction score
Iirc, they use different chipsets and gpus, along with a difference in memory/ram. They are definitely similar in looks, but hardware wise I believe they are quite different, hence the price difference.

While I know nothing has been confirmed on the Moto X as it hasn't been announced. Most articles are leaning towards the idea that it too, contains the X8 chip set, 10 mp camera, and dual LTE antennas. It has been confirmed by evoleaks that there is no expansion SD slot, also it is launching on 4.2.2 same as the Droid line.

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
While I know nothing has been confirmed on the Moto X as it hasn't been announced.

It has been confirmed by evoleaks that there is no expansion SD slot, also it is launching on 4.2.2 same as the Droid line.

I personally will be buying the Note 3.
And then in a couple months I'll be buying the parts to build my own desktop.

Tapp'd from one of my Nexus Devices

jackiescivic

Diamond Member
Reaction score
I have no intention of buying a new device, as I am happy with my Maxx HD, but knowing me and my buying habits, I'd probably end up with the Maxx. The lack of an SD card does not bother me, as I never take it out of the phone as is.