Only 1 Verizon store with a list! (in my area)

ChiliSky

Reaction score
I decided to call around in a 50 mile radius to see who was open early and if they were keeping a list for verizon members that wanted the phone on Friday. Out of 12 stores I called in SC/NC only 1 was using a list,meaning I am on the list to get the phone at that store. All the other stores had no plans for a list.
This will work out well for me because the store that is holding my name is 1 hour away and is on my way out of the state for the weekend.
I plan to use the Google Maps to plot a course to KY since I-40 is closed do to a rock slide.
I will post a review when I get there.

Has anyone else managed to get on a list or is it first come basis where you live?

mchoffa

Reaction score
didnt check with verizon... i just preordered at best buy since I have some reward zone certificates...

btw, take I-26 through asheville up to I-81 then take that back down toward knoxville... adds maybe an hour to the drive

JhankG

Silver Member
Reaction score
I preordered from Best Buy as well.

Sounds like I-40 is going to be closed in that area for quite some time. I'm glad I don't live in the western part of the state anymore!

djstar2k2

Reaction score
I decided to call around in a 50 mile radius to see who was open early and if they were keeping a list for verizon members that wanted the phone on Friday. Out of 12 stores I called in SC/NC only 1 was using a list,meaning I am on the list to get the phone at that store. All the other stores had no plans for a list.
This will work out well for me because the store that is holding my name is 1 hour away and is on my way out of the state for the weekend.
I plan to use the Google Maps to plot a course to KY since I-40 is closed do to a rock slide.
I will post a review when I get there.

Has anyone else managed to get on a list or is it first come basis where you live?

i did best buy as well they seem to be the only ones with info on the droid and had a demo in the spot. plus the no rebate just makes more damn sense

OP
ChiliSky

ChiliSky

Reaction score
Ya I could take that way but I am going to Lexington KY, so I thought I might just continue on I-26 to Johnson City and keep on going north and pick up 15 which takes you into Lexington and then when I come back go through Knoxville to Marysville and run the Dragon coming home. The problem is that I-81 is backlogged with trucks and extra traffic.......going to be nuts for months...feel bad for the truck industries. Thanks for the advise though!

mchoffa

Reaction score
yeah if you don't want traffic, stay off 81... i took those back roads coming home from michigan back in 97 the last time there was a big rockslide, took a LONG time... i live in haywood county right off I40, so my drive home from asheville is so nice and easy now that the trucks aren't going that way and half of the cars aren't either!

enjoy the scenic route with help from your droid!