Ongoing Wifi Frustration

Sajo

Diamond Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 7 Pro
Correct. Just trying to help determine if the internet itself is slow, or is it only the WiFi signal that is slow. If the internet is slow when plugged in then you can tell Comcast that it's not your equipment.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what we keep hearing. No matter what we do, Comcast insists it's our equipment.

How can we determine the source(s) of these problems?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We had similar problem with spectrum. It took me months of complaints and several tech visits to first replace modem, then replace wiring in basement leading to the modem and then replace wiring going from house to junction box outside. Apparently moles were mooching off our broadband playing whack a mole and did a number on the cable outside. After they replaced outdoor cable, out problem went away. During problem times my speed would vary between 200mbps and 6mbps, usually at evening times.
I would keep spamming Comcast with calls. It costs them tech time so it's in their benefit to get it fixed.

Grace Lee

Reaction score
Website
desktopgoldlink.com
Twitter
software_guides

Frustration might be one of the common problems that we experience.

There might be one thing that we have limited control over access to our network.

Secondly, networking problems includes interference, overlapping Wi-Fi channels, and signal being blocked by walls/ceilings.

OP
J

JandN2639

Reaction score
We use a VPN. That also affects wifi speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk