OnePlus X Could Have Unreliable LTE Connection in the United States

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
oneplus-x-side-angled.jpg

Here's a disturbing bit of news if you were considering grabbing the OnePlus X in the United States. According to confirmed documentation (and a response from the company) regarding the new device, it only has LTE radios for Band 1, Band 2, Band 4, Band 5, Band 7, and Band 8. This means it is missing the Band 12 and Band 17 radios which would give it a solid connection on AT&T's LTE network. The bottom line is that if you get this device for use on AT&T's network, you are very likely to have spotty connections when using 4G LTE.

What do you think? Is this something that would factor into your buying decision?

Here's our dedicated section on the OnePlus X: OnePlus X | Android Forum at DroidForums.net

hammerhead13

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Galaxy Note10+ 5G
Looks like a Fail before it will be released here

Reactions: cr6

Dark Lazer

Reaction score
It's crazy looking back at how excited the OnePlus One had me. They've dropped the ball so many times it's kinda sad.

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
It's worse than sad. These guys can't do anything right.

cr6

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.dronewolfmedia.com
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S7 Edge
Twitter
@dronewolfmedia
Agreed. I think they are realizing it's a lot more difficult to break into the smartphone world then they expected. If they offered an amazing "must have" device with off the chart specs, people would be more forgiving I think. There's way too much competition to be successful with a sub par device & sub par customer service. It's only a matter of time now. I foresee another (much more established) company buying them out before too long.

S5 tap'n

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
Agreed. I think they are realizing it's a lot more difficult to break into the smartphone world then they expected. If they offered an amazing "must have" device with off the chart specs, people would be more forgiving I think. There's way too much competition to be successful with a sub par device & sub par customer service. It's only a matter of time now. I foresee another (much more established) company buying them out before too long.

S5 tap'n
I understand your point, but who would want to buy their reputation?

xeene

Gold Member
Reaction score
I don't see a single reason someone in USA would consider their devices.

bkdodger

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 10+
I think the OnePlus was a great pickup and it performed solid.. I think it's going downhill now with these latest phones.. You leave stuff out and now you put thru a attractive price smaller phone and leave out stuff..

S6E+ tapatalk

Jeffrey

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7 Plus JB
I don't see a single reason someone in USA would consider their devices.
They hyped the device and exaggerated the features. Their marketing scheme 'smash a competitive phone" was a disaster, but the price was right and people bought the device.
Now, they leave out AT&T's LTE band.. That's plain stupidity if they want to sell phones in the US.

tech_head

Silver Member
Reaction score
Without Verizon support, EPIC fail.
Even Apple discovered that unless you make a device for Verizon, you are not realizing full potential.
Now with Verizon open LTE requirement, if you make devices you need to make one for Verizon.

Dusty

Gold Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3XL
The original OP1 was a GREAT phone. All they had to do was add a finger print reader and improve screen performance they could have released another hit. If their last two phones were as popular as the OP1 they'd look like geniuses. Instead, they essentially did a backflip and kicked themselves in the butt twice between this and the OP 2. Spectacular failure.